Fuel pump for 68 dart with 360

-

1968 Dart 270

Reaction score
My dart has a 360 from the early 70’s in it. I smelled gas this morning and noticed fuel on the top of the fuel pump diaphragm housing area.
Would the carter m6866 be the right pump for this? It looks the same and rock auto also lists that as being the same fuel pump for the 273 that was originally in it so it looks like they used the same pump for many v8’s.

make sure the gas is not running down the line from the carb

It’s not leaking from the lines. The lines are completely dry. Checked that first. It’s just a little gas on top of the diaphragm area where the rim is. The car runs just fine though. I wiped it off and am going to start it and see if I can spot where it’s coming from. It was dry for the past week.

I would say no. Does the fuel pump you currently have look like the M 6866? If yes, replace it. The fuel lines attach differently to different pumps. My '69 has the M6270.

I would say no. Does the fuel pump you currently have look like the M 6866? If yes, replace it. The fuel lines attach differently to different pumps. My '69 has the M6270.
Yes my dodge has a 360 in it and the fuel pump is exactly like the m6866. The m6270 looks like the older style I had on late 50’s and early 60’s Mopars

-
Back