Fuel Pump Install

-

KOZ45

Reaction score
While my alternator is off and I am doing some work on my Duster, I figured it would be a good time to upgrade the fuel pump to something non-stop (Edelbrock 1723)

Is it as easy as removing the stock pump and installing the new one?

Was just concerned about something falling out of place inside the motor where the pump arm extends........

Thanks

That pump arm rides along the outside surface of the eccentric that’s bolted to the front of the timing gear on the cam shaft. Nothing will move when you pull the pump out.

Thanks...........do I need to put any sealant on the pump gasket or on the pump itself?

I wouldn’t think so. The gasket has a couple holes for the bolts that’ll keep it properly lined up during the install, but as I’ve been reassembling my engine I’ve been reading through the various related threads here and found such a variety of opinions on the subject of gasket sealing that the only thing I can say for certain is that I can’t say for certain. LOL

I haven’t installed my fuel pump yet, so hopefully someone else will speak up and we’ll both know.

I always bump the engine to the "shallow side" of the cam. Makes it easier than arguing with the spring pressure

I always throw a little Moly or Lubriplate on the end that contacts the eccentric so its got a little somethin' somethin'.

Last edited:
Got the new fuel pump installed....thanks for the info

The pump push rod slide down to the access allen cap head plug (possibly when removing the stock pump)

I removed the plug and pushed it in as far as it would go and then installed the new pump

Time to shop for a fuel line kit now, a new tank, and sending unit

Well I guess all the small block info did no good for ur big block. That’s why it’s nice to have info such as year, vehical and engine size. Kim

-
Back