fuel recommendations

-
LOL. anytime I have ever raised this issue (doesn't matter what car) I get "run the highest $#% you can get your feeble hands on". I understand and I give up. Bottom Line : I'm just trying not to overdo it and waste $ but I do want to give it all that it can use..
thanks

Last edited:
Just had my motor rebuilt: punched 440 10:5/1 Ross pistons, Comp cam K21-600-5 thumpr lift .486"/.473" , duration 279/296 200-5800 rpm. Getting pinging on light acceleration using Sunoco 93 so Im guessing the octane is too low. Have used Torco accelerator before ( 32oz in 10 gals of gas gets you from 93 to 103) Will try that first. Any other suggestions. Running pertronix distributor and vacuum advance on Edelbrock ( carter) 750 carb. Not sure what the timing is set at

LOL. anytime I have ever raised this issue (doesn't matter what car) I get "run the highest $#% you can get your feeble hands on". I understand and I give up. Bottom Line : I'm just trying not to overdo it and waste $ but I do want to give it all that it can use..
thanks

I had a new 383 form S barracuda in 1968, I ran ethel back then, and it was hell of a lot better than 91 or 93 !!

-
Back