Fuel sender adapter for accuracy

-
I put a new fuel sending unit in my 68 Dart for a 3/8" fuel line. I connected the unit to the original fuel gauge wire. The fuel gauge shows almost a half tank when it is actually empty.
Will this module fix that issue?

I'd rather just have a functional OEM unit.

Let us know how it works. My stuff is all new, all supposedly matched, w/ an electronic step down , and it wont read full and is very inconsistant. Well, I lied, it is very consistent on "NOT' working right !!

Is it just off on the high end, or is it off on the low end also. I've always been more concerned with how accurate it is when I'm getting close to being empty. Couldn't care less what it reads when full.

Maybe you just need to give the float arm a little bend to get it to the right level. For instance, if it never reaches full, and reads empty before it is, bend the fuel arm down. This will cause the sweeper to read higher at the same amount of fuel.

Is it just off on the high end, or is it off on the low end also. I've always been more concerned with how accurate it is when I'm getting close to being empty. Couldn't care less what it reads when full.

Maybe you just need to give the float arm a little bend to get it to the right level. For instance, if it never reaches full, and reads empty before it is, bend the fuel arm down. This will cause the sweeper to read higher at the same amount of fuel.
I agree

Yeah, I thot about that, but I have to drop the tank to pull it out, (dana 60). How many times can u do that w/o causing filler tube gasket problems. At almost 72, it aint one of my favorite things to do to start with.

Yeah, I thot about that, but I have to drop the tank to pull it out, (dana 60). How many times can u do that w/o causing filler tube gasket problems. At almost 72, it aint one of my favorite things to do to start with.
I need to pull s/u again my self to adjust float,i'm 69 (putting it off)

-
Back