Fuel system : poll

-

dusmon

Reaction score
What is every one using for a fuel system? on cars that go 11.00 and quicker.
What fuel pump?
What regulator?
What line size?
This should help all racers as well.

:burnout:

My uncles 10.40 belvedere had 2 Carter race pumps in line with 1/2 inch line. With an aeromotive 2 port regulator

What fuel pump? Aeromotive A1000
What regulator? Aeromotive fuel log w/reg and return
What line size? #10 or 5/8" inlet with #8 or 1/2" return

MagnaFuel 500 pump, -12 from cell to pump, -10 from pump to Holley Billet reg., 2 -8 lines to ProSystems 1050
6.21@110, 1.33 60ft, 2950 lbs, (394ci) pump gas small block (93 octane) mufflers, M/T Drag Radials,stock leaf springs, home made Caltrac bars.

71 Dart 10.31 @ 128

No. 8 braided line..holley regulator ....140 gallon chinese made copy of a holley black pump running E85 now for 4 yrs..plus the fuel pump has been on the car since 2006....probably paid 50 bucks for the pump including shipping.

all 3 cars are running the same basic set up.....

What is every one using for a fuel system? on cars that go 11.00 and quicker.
What fuel pump?
What regulator?
What line size?
This should help all racers as well.

:burnout:

Magnafuel 300 pump 100 micron pre-filter into a 10 feed to the regulator and two(2)# 8`s feeding the bowls.

My car goes 93 in the 1/8. How fast might that be in the qt, and what ET might that translate to? And would my current system keep up. And would it be useful to you,to know that all I have is a full 3/8supply line and a HO mechanical pump? I guess what I mean to say, is that the fuel requirement is related to the engine horsepower, which is translated to mph, which is related to ET.
Again what I mean to say, is that the fuel requirement to go 11s in a 3600 pound fat-boy A-body, would be completely different than that for a svelte 2800 pound A-body; based on the horsepower requirment to make the p/w.
Now I'm a stranger here,and maybe you guys all know eachother and what you drive,etc. and you can kick me to the curb; I'm ok with that.
But with the generally accepted formula of, 1/2 pound per horsepower per hour,it would seem pretty easy to figure the pump requirement.
I usually stay out of this forum , but somehow I .........um...............got lost

AJ,,,,fuel consumption for 600HP HP engine will be the same regardless of cars weight. So engine HP does not translate directly to MPH and ET as stated. 600HP need the same fuel no matter the cars weight so ET and MPH is dependant on both HP and weight(and 20 other tiny variables).
When you mention the difference in doing 11s in a 3600lb car or a 2800lb car, fuel will of course be different because neither will run same HP for the same ET.
Clear as mud...lol.

For your 93MPH is the 1/8(12s in 1/4?), 3/8s line will get you enough fuel.

Before I upgraded to the big MagnaFuel pump I was running a Carter mechanical pump with 3/8 rubber hose from the fuel cell to the carb and AutoZone clear plastic filter. It ran a best of 6.29@ 108 in the 1/8.

Yes I understand what you are saying,
What I meant was that it takes a certain amount of horsepower to take 3600 pounds into the 11s, whereas it takes a different amount of power to take 2800 pounds into the 11s. or2200 pounds into the 11s,etc.
Since the OP didn't specify how much weight he needed to propel, we cannot know how much horsepower we are dealing with, and therefor how much fuel to supply, and therefor what minimum pump might be sufficient.
Am I out in left field here?

I'm sure the pump made of unobnatium, billet infused carbon fiber fuel lines are going to pop up so let's keep it simple:

Carter fuel pump
3/8" steel fuel line
Maybe a regulator
Maybe a return line

You don't need to get ridiculous here.

Yes I understand what you are saying,
What I meant was that it takes a certain amount of horsepower to take 3600 pounds into the 11s, whereas it takes a different amount of power to take 2800 pounds into the 11s. or2200 pounds into the 11s,etc.
Since the OP didn't specify how much weight he needed to propel, we cannot know how much horsepower we are dealing with, and therefor how much fuel to supply, and therefor what minimum pump might be sufficient.
Am I out in left field here?

Correctamundo. But he does have another thread stating its 2650 without driver. So,,,you have to read every thread or none at all....lmao.

I can do that! -16 to hilborn pump flowed 6.5 gallon per minute @1800 rpm @50psi.-8 to barrel valve,-8 to distribution block,3/16 hard line to 8 #56 nozzles in hat. Not the avatar car.

Bob and hangingout, would you be willing to PM me your phone, I could.use talking to some folks who know mech enjection and cam drive pump systems.

-
Back