1. cannucky

cannucky The Guy With No Birthday

Local Time:
    3:50 PM
    Hi all I am in the planning stages of a European vacation that will involve shipping my car over in a container , probably to the UK to start but really that will be determined by cost , inspection requirements etc ... .
    That said my first question is what is the availability of 92 or higher octane gas ? can I get high octane pure gas ie no ethanol ? and what countries if any have no availability for quality fuel ?
    Second question is what is the best country to send the car to as far as inspection requirements and temporary plating ?
    I was originally planning on coming over the spring of 2016 and am still sort of shooting for that timeline , hopefully I can get the car over in the early spring , spend 4-6 weeks cruising and meeting FABO members then get the car back to the East coast of Canada in time to hit Moparfest in mid August while doing the coast to coast cross Canada trip , any help , advice and info is greatly welcomed .

2. swedefish

swedefish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:50 PM
    I can highly recommend Power Big Meet at the town Västerås 100km west of Stockholm
    http://bigmeet.com/eng/
    And after that event you can visit Classic Car Week at Rättvik by the beautiful area of the lake Siljan in the middle of Sweden. There`s a lot of activities during this week.
    Sorry no links in english available. But here are some translates so that you can navigate thrue the links on the page: Boende= Living, Rättviksparken= The amusementspark,
    vecka= Week
    http://www.classiccarweek.com/veckorprogram/
    And there are numerous of other events in the whole country during our short season.
    And the distance isn`t that far between the events.
    I don´t think there`s any trouble with bringning your classic over here, don´t believe you have to do anything but see to that you`re insured.
    I haven´t had any problem with our gas some gascompanies sales what they call high octane gas, but if its any different from regular gas I can´t tell. I´m using octane booster in my Fish.
    // Swedefish

3. cannucky

Local Time:
    Thanks keep the info coming guys , what octane is the local fuel ?

4. Plaschy

Plaschy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:50 AM
    Every gasstation in Sweden has both 95 and 98 octane.

5. cannucky

Local Time:
    Darn I posted this once already but it disappeared ? Here in Canada we get either 87-89-91/92 except a few places carry an ethanol free 94 so 98 is awesome , I can add some timing and make some real power ! thanks now I just need to hear from Germany , Holland and the UK , Maybe France as well .

6. Steady driver

Steady driver Active Member

Local Time:
    5:50 PM
    We have 95 and 98 Ron petrol , so you will be ok here .

7. TAK65

TAK65 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:50 AM
    Don't know about other EU countries but at least here in Finland you cannot get ethanol-free gas at all. 95 has 10% of it 98 only 5%.

8. 67Dart273

67Dart273 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I think we here are going to have to demand a progress thread with photos and video, LMAO

9. cannucky

Local Time:
    Much like "What happens at Moparfest stays at Moparfest" your going to have to be there to know what really happens eh! All I can say is the tentative plan is to skip Moparfest this summer {2016} to save for this trip in 2017 which will hopefully end with the car and I arriving on the East coast of Canada a week or two before the 2017 Moparfest so I can include that in a Coast to Coast drive back to Victoria .

10. 65Val

65Val Average Length Member

Local Time:
    Hey Chris...we need an update on "Trunk-gate"......how are the repairs coming?

11. lilredridinghoo

lilredridinghoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:50 PM
    @cannucky

the German Mopar Nationals will take place on the 06th of August (usually most of the people will arrive at the evening hours of the 5th to party) - it will take place in Herten if you have a Facebook-Account you can get the lastest information there https://www.facebook.com/MoparNationalsGermany
    or from the "German Moparshop" which will do the organisation www.moparshop.de - owners email will be oliver@moparshop.de

conc. your fuel question... i dont know, but i think there is a difference between the measurement in Canada and Germany (we use ROZ guess you have to search the Web to compare ROZ to your standards)

.... in Germany usually you will find

Super E10 ROZ:95 contains 10% Ethanol
    Super or Super 95 (sometimes with suffix E5) ROZ:95 contains 5% Ethanol
    Super plus or Super 98 ROZ:98 contains 5% Ethanol
    Super V-Power (only on Shell Gas Stations) ROZ:100
    Super Ultimate (only on ARAL Gas Stations) ROZ:102

prices are in the range of 1,20 to 1,30 Euro per Liter at the moment which is equal to 1.85 CanDollar to 2 CanDollar per Liter ... (>> 7 to 7.60 CanDollar per Gallon maybe easier to compare for you) for us, it´s pretty cheap this time, but who knows, usually prices climb up during the summer time

we also have some (small) drag racing events, but most of them are still not confirmed by the organisators (to much shit about reginol laws etc..) so if you are interested best will be to search the web from time to time about them.

12. cannucky

Local Time:
    Thanks for the info , not sure if I'll still be there in August , I'm hoping for some spring events so I can get the car back in time for the third week in August for Moparfest but who knows how it will work out it's still a long way off .

PS Darwin I'll update the thread when I get back to it , the short days and crappy weekends have kept me away from the car for a while , they keep saying I'm going to get a lay-off for a few weeks but they keep finding more stuff for me to do , fingers crossed it happens this Friday so I can get caught up on life and get back to it .

13. Buschi340

Buschi340 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:50 PM
    did you do the trip btw?

14. cannucky

Local Time:
    Not yet still on the agenda , car was down last year and I had some health issues this summer but it's going to happen if ww3 doesnt kill us all eh !

15. cannucky

Local Time:
    The plus side to global warming is they are running freighters across the top of Russia and down through the Bering sea so I might be able to ship it from Vancouver when I go now , politics allowing of course .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.