full circle

-

kiwi sean

Reaction score
Hi guys, just a little intro from me .Been out of mopars for a couple of years but had a pretty good history with them,we a lucky here in new Zealand that a lot of cool American cars made their way over here for years, first american mopar I had one was a slant six 65 barracuda that ended up with a twin fours 360 in it,followed by a 68 notchback with 340,63 Belevedere ,71 Satellite 4 door, 72 dodge coronet wagon ,68 newport 440 coupe, 59 Desoto (at present) along with a couple of Pontiacs ,a 66 El Camino a 59 Desoto, at present plus even owned a couple of 68 Javelins and an AMX
I've done enough projects and like a lot of cars but was always wondering which car was going to be a keeper,plenty of the ones I've had would have been the one but you not what it's like when life gets in the road or you see that next car.
I found the one I intend to keep, back to what i first had ,only a little better ,probably a 5 year resto ,actually dont care how long it will take, it's a 66 Barracuda Formula S, found in a paddock 9-10 hours drive from home,
no motor in it ,it has the disc brakes ,sway bay console, buckets ,tan interior ,automatic, looks like an 8 3/4 fender tag still there with the all important F7 option on it,someone has put an earlier front on it ,a AP6 valiant one which is the Aussie version of your 65 valiant,no dramas as I picked up an aussie VC valiant front clip which is identical with the 66 barracuda , lots of bodywork to do - some one radiused the rear guards so will rebuild those,looks like this will be my third rotisserie job !all good fun !will post more info and pics when car arrives prob start a resto /rebuild thread, cheers Sean

20190515_094517.jpg

Have fun and welcome to FABO!!

Welcome aboard nice car and am sure it will look good when your done.

cheers guys ,a couple more pics ,car is coming down to Auckland this weekend so when I pick it up it will only be a five hour drive instead of nine! LOL

20190515_093718.jpg

20190515_093731.jpg

-
Back