Fuse box circuit parts

-

j_anderson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a few of these. Does anyone know of any companies producing these pieces?
Thanks in advance.

IMG_3741.JPG

IMG_3742.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

The wire ends search for "Packard 56" and 58 Be careful you get the correct ones. The older Mopar ones had the sides curled over for the tension part of the terminal. Some different ones are folded over the end I got mine some time ago from "clips and fasteners" online, but last time I looked at them they had gone way up in price.

The wire ends search for "Packard 56" and 58 Be careful you get the correct ones. The older Mopar ones had the sides curled over for the tension part of the terminal. Some different ones are folded over the end I got mine some time ago from "clips and fasteners" online, but last time I looked at them they had gone way up in price.
I have found the basic wire terminal ends but the ones I am looking for now have an add-a-circuit tang on them and will accept 2 wires at the base. I have circled the piece I am describing.

IMG_3742.JPG

Easier to rob an old box of its parts. Then you can add or delete circuits. The box originally had a plastic cover on the back.

I have found the basic wire terminal ends but the ones I am looking for now have an add-a-circuit tang on them and will accept 2 wires at the base. I have circled the piece I am describing.

View attachment 1715611392
I have found that style of connector at the parts store, hardware, or Menards. They are called piggyback wire terminals.

piggyback connector.jpg

Search for "terminal" with "piggyback" and either/or "F crimp" and "open barrel"
F crimp usually has the insulation crimp which you absolutely want in this application.
IMHO the open barrel type crimps, correctly made, are far better than the closed barrels.

AMP's "Faston 250" series is (or was recently) a product line with this type of piggyback.
You can also try looking in what's left of the Packard - Delphi lines. Its probably not going be under "56" Series because female 56 terminals use a leaf spring type design. The 58 was the rolled side design. Squared is probably yet a different series or some other manufacture.
One more hint. I've noticed in some catalogs the company calls female terminals "recepticles".

If you find a good source, post it here
Sources for Chrysler type wire terminals

-
Back