Fuse Box

-

Paul King

MrPJK
Reaction score
This may sound crazy but i just cant figure it out on my 1966 Dodge Dart ,i had to lower my fuse box and now i cant secure the fuse box to the bracket ,im wondering if im missing a clip on the bracket or it took a special bolt .Thanks for any advice .it just has me stumped

I'm not sure. I know its phillips drive, 1/4-20 maybe? After a bracket that bolts to the dash itself? Again I'm just not sure.
The sad part is there are only a handful of 20 amp fuses in it. The dang reverse lamps didn't get fused until 1968. Owners would back into a tricycle and shut down the entire car. Good luck with it.

I'm not sure. I know its phillips drive, 1/4-20 maybe? After a bracket that bolts to the dash itself?

the bracket that Redfish refers to is spot welded/welded to the dash and searching my memory i believe he’s correct it’s 1/4-20, could be 1/4-24 maybe

are you saying you can't get the fuse block on the bracket or can't get the screw through the bracket into the fuse block?

are you saying you can't get the fuse block on the bracket or can't get the screw through the bracket into the fuse block?
I just cant get the proper screw to secure the box to the bracket ,im just curious if there is a clip missing on the bracket

In my 1965 Dart, a flathead Phillips screw goes upward thru a hole in the bottom edge of the dash, into a tapped hole at the edge of the fuse block. The fuses face down when installed. There is no bracket. Some fuse boxes in other models or years had a captive bolt in the fuse box going downward. They can fit in an A.

My 66 Barracuda fuse box attaches with one Phillips screw into the bracket. Never noticed how the bracket attaches.

BUT it is a BIOTCH getting the fuse box lined up on the bracket.

-
Back