GALLERY: FACTORY SUPER SIX WAKES UP OUR 1967 DODGE DART

-
This is why i hate this forum. The v8 guys here may as well be the chevy goofs they always hate on.

Same reason slant six car clubs are way more fun than anything else. Fun, no judgement and no waving my v8 "mushroom in a cornfield" dick in everyones face.

Super six did nothing for my Dart
Well then either your motor was already toast, or you did something wrong.
Either way, I would not brag about it, perhaps you should post what you did on the supersix conversion with details on the results you got, someone here could help you get it running better.

This is why i hate this forum. The v8 guys here may as well be the chevy goofs they always hate on.

Same reason slant six car clubs are way more fun than anything else. Fun, no judgement and no waving my v8 "mushroom in a cornfield" dick in everyones face.

holy over sensitive man..

most v8 guys would never even come into the slant section but when you hit "new posts" the posts in here pop up. hell most of the time i never even notice what section something is posted in because all i do is hit "new posts" when i come to this site..

I am on here reading this even though I am A fat engine man. I like them all, long and skinny, short, tall, small, med. I guess I am a equal opportunity car guy!:rofl: Diversity is what makes this site great!

Well then either your motor was already toast, or you did something wrong.
Either way, I would not brag about it, perhaps you should post what you did on the supersix conversion with details on the results you got, someone here could help you get it running better.

Straight up stock install. I did get it running better; I put in a 360, but I'm not going to say that here because I don't want anyone to get butthurt.

the only thing a super six (2bbl. set up) did for mine was give better throttle response and believe it or not.....slightly better gas mileage. There was not a huge improvement if any in the power dept. Picking up the pace to pass someone on the highway was a little easier with a 2bbl. because it didn't need a harsh downshift at 65MPH to keep up. The 2 bbl. kinda fed it some more to smoothly pick up the pace, sometimes downshifting from OD to 1:1 was needed if going up a hill or steep road.

I guess the added pep would be considered waking it up a bit, sure made it fun to drive on long highway trips.

The only time I ever felt a lot more power from a slant is when I built the slant for my valiant, starting with a fresh rebuilt motor with a better cam milled head and block and a few other things that made it ready for a Hyper Pak set up but that is another case study.

Jeeze dude, I'm just messing with ya, I'm in the slant 6 crew

Thanks for sharing that Joe. I don't remember ever seeing that article.

-
Back