Gap filler ideas?

-

Blind Squirrel

Reaction score
So I had a pad poured and I thought it came out fairly well. I assembled a metal structure on it and I have some gaps where the pad has low spots. In one spot its just short of a 1/2 inch and maybe 3 ft long. The metal is galvanized sheet steel. What is the best option for a permanent and solid solution to fill any gaps. I need to tighten the anchors but can't pull down at this point without distortion. If I use something to flexible it wont support the anchor and something to ridged that thin or thinner will probably just crack out. The area is also subjected to water. Any great ideas? Thanks in advance.

So I had a pad poured and I thought it came out fairly well. I assembled a metal structure on it and I have some gaps where the pad has low spots. In one spot its just short of a 1/2 inch and maybe 3 ft long. The metal is galvanized sheet steel. What is the best option for a permanent and solid solution to fill any gaps. I need to tighten the anchors but can't pull down at this point without distortion. If I use something to flexible it wont support the anchor and something to ridged that thin or thinner will probably just crack out. The area is also subjected to water. Any great ideas? Thanks in advance.
Thin-set concrete is designed for that.

Photos may help?

But body guys have U shaped steel panel shims, based on what you typed that may help support the load where your anchors are?

So you're saying the pad is unlevel? I think DDaddy is right.

290905.jpg

Do it like the pros. What Dave said is good as well....

hard to tell what you have to work with as far as space on the outside, how far above ground level, ect, but i agree. thin-set. i'd build some forms, you could probably get away with heavy cardboard, and fill it all in. tough part is making sure you get it packed into all the voids

1/2" gap? Thinset is going to shrink some as it sets in that thickness so I wonder if it will survive long term.

I'd shim around the anchors and a few places in between for support, then seal with a flexible, waterproof concrete joint sealer.

-
Back