Garage Flooring

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
I've been working on the garage adding lights and shelves and would also like to do something with the floor. There are no cracks but the surface has chipped in some places and is rough. I know I would have to repair it with epoxy or something but would also like to either epoxy coat the whole floor to look nice or do the typical checkered tile.
I actually use my garage and don't need anything that will keep creepers, engine stands, and cherry pickers from rolling easily.
What kind of tile would work best? I would do the tile work myself but would probably pay someone to do the epoxy coat so it's done right...etching the cement and so forth.
What have you guys done?
You can see the chipping in the pics.

IMG_5419.JPG

IMG_5287.JPG

I just had an epoxy floor done. Rustoleum, the high end stuff, not bargain. Too soon for a real evaluation honestly. Looks nice, did the grey. Much brighter.

819E0FC6-D3A8-47F8-80D2-B1D80A947264.jpeg

0466FB7D-A4C0-4C57-AF59-DE7D698C560F.jpeg

I have waited a long time, and went without for about 3-4 years. 1800 square feet. And a shitter. It is fabulous.

That is the site where I did lots of reading of flooring. Lots of knowledge. And, opinions. I went with what my contractor recommended, along with a bit of research myself. I got a smoking deal on the labor. I had thought about doing it myself, but....
A mistake on 1800 is way different than say a two car garage. If you have a 2 or 3 car, I say do it yourself.

That is the site where I did lots of reading of flooring. Lots of knowledge. And, opinions. I went with what my contractor recommended, along with a bit of research myself. I got a smoking deal on the labor. I had thought about doing it myself, but....
A mistake on 1800 is way different than say a two car garage. If you have a 2 or 3 car, I say do it yourself.
I picked up some cement, and machinery paint , that the place I worked was going to throw away. It was a 2 part epoxY, 2 diff. colors, adobe red and battleship gray. Wish I`d had enough to do the whole garage, best dam thing I`ve done to the place !! Blow it out w/ a leafblower !

-
Back