Garage Squad on Motor Trend TV

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I like the concept of the show. The crew of metal magicians roll in and help resurrect a stillborn project. In the end, the car/truck is running and mobile again.
There isn't the usual arguing and drama between the "actors".
There isn't the usual weirdo dude with stupid looking hair or a dorky looking beard, $20,000 worth of tattoos and piercings.
The woman is cute and perky. She actually seems to do work as well.
However....
Most of the people that own the cars appear like worthless wimps that couldn't check the oil without guidance.
I know we aren't all master mechanics but these cars are often stripped out and the owners look like they'd have trouble using a can opener. How did they let it get this far?
Is this a matter of the TV show making the owners look feeble?
I can understand if the owner was disabled or something but that hasn't been the case so far.
I have seen the owner in the background looking like a deer in the headlights in several episode.
I do like that they work on a variety of cars. Last week they had a rerun of the FK5 Orange Duster. That owner was an embarrassment to car guys for sure.

A good portion of the projects seem to be due to the principal dying and family finishing the work years later. I like the show. They fix what needs fixing and get them on the road, leaving a few barnacles. Good mopar content too.

A good portion of the projects seem to be due to the principal dying and family finishing the work years later. I like the show. They fix what needs fixing and get them on the road, leaving a few barnacles. Good mopar content too.

I wonder who pays for the parts !

I wonder if they would pay for a rear gear change and tubbing my 68 fastback w/ new slicks and wheels included .---------------LOL
I don’t care about getting work done on my car. I rather see Heather Storm.

D61DE9C4-9005-486B-B648-158360C7668E.jpeg

Sadly she was kicked off the show. :(

I like the show, they do alot of Chevies and Fords and those owners are straight clueless, the MOPAR owners have their stuff together, but are broke like us!! The guy that wears the dumb shirts and loves MOPARs is a top notch guy in my book.

Hmmm....The episodes that I have seen have only been with owners that started and abandoned the project. I would feel different about the show if the owner kicked and the family wanted to finish it.

They'd see my project and say "WTF, How did he get this motor in here? uh...what motor IS this? Then I'd chase them out. But I'd love to be a special guest lacky for an episode or 2. Remember the show where the car would get taken and then they would invite the guy to dinner and the car would be there? I remember a guy not real happy with the outcome.

I like the show, they do alot of Chevies and Fords and those owners are straight clueless, the MOPAR owners have their stuff together, but are broke like us!! The guy that wears the dumb shirts and loves MOPARs is a top notch guy in my book.
Joe is a Mopar guy.
Bruno is a pussy. Afraid to get dirty.

I applied for them to take on my car....crickets. But they did redo a notch barracuda already so I guess they don’t need to touch a fastback.

They'd see my project and say "WTF, How did he get this motor in here? uh...what motor IS this? Then I'd chase them out. But I'd love to be a special guest lacky for an episode or 2. Remember the show where the car would get taken and then they would invite the guy to dinner and the car would be there? I remember a guy not real happy with the outcome.
I would LOVE to see something like that....A guy get all pissed off at the way the crew "restored" the car.
"I've been UNDERhauled!"

I kinda remember a Mopar that they wanted painted Black and Chip painted it Plum Crazy instead. The Husband was pissed.

Joe zolper comes out to Great lakes dragaway all the time with his family to race, his daughter is in the Jr. Dragster program and his wife is a bad *** racer with a blown alcohol Hemi Duster. He is a really good guy.

What this show does that others don't is "realistic" repair work, not "restorations" or "fabrications".

Lots of times the put crusty stuff back in with just a cursory clean up.
(like most of us are forced to do from time to time)

They rarely do a lot of body work, either.

I tend to like "realistic" looking women, and Heather fit that bill.
At least somewhat mechanically inclined is a plus, as well.
(no fake tits, no tats [at least the we can see] or crazy piercings.)

Last edited:

I kinda remember a Mopar that they wanted painted Black and Chip painted it Plum Crazy instead. The Husband was pissed.

I told my family that if my car ever ended up on overhaulin and it came back with a two tone body Chip Foose paint job I would hurt somebody.

-
Back