GARLITS vs FMA...and the Mopar Guy suffers because of it.

-
With the expenses to do a show as a vendor, unless the event is less than two hours or so away, your traveling larger vendors will not be able to justify two shows even spread out over the year. Many of the vendors are realizing that the shows are very costly to attend and takes away from valuable time away from the store front.

Personally, I feel that the best alternative is to consolidate into one larger event that can realize the efforts and attention of both groups to make it a success. With it being the largest Mopar only event in the deep South, it can have some success. The new Holley Bowling Green show in September will become the new and upcoming show for those in the Southeast who do not want to travel to Carlisle or The Nats.

I said having them on the same day/weekend would at least save those who travel a fair distance or greater the expense of two trips to the same area. It was a compromise suggestion if the parties involved can't reach an agreement. it would also save two loading/unloading cycles. For those of us that are starting to get up there (soon to be 53) that matters!

FWIW the 2019 horse park show seemed way down in attendance, and about 50% vendors compared to previous.

I said having them on the same day/weekend would at least save those who travel a fair distance or greater the expense of two trips to the same area. It was a compromise suggestion if the parties involved can't reach an agreement. it would also save two loading/unloading cycles. For those of us that are starting to get up there (soon to be 53) that matters!

FWIW the 2019 horse park show seemed way down in attendance, and about 50% vendors compared to previous.
I agree. I thought it was kinda of weak.

Sorry guys hit the wrong button just earlier!!
Years ago I read a great quote in regards to arguments/ difference of opinions! Would you rather be RIGHT or KIND?
Life is short for all of us, BE KIND!

hope to go to the show at the museum this year
lots of 67 68 69 barracuda parts
other A body parts
some B and E body parts
like many of you i wish they would settle things and create one show
hope to see many of you guys there
take care
eddie
if you have a request please let me know so i can bring it

MOPARS WITH BIG DADDY DON GARLITS 2021.
Friday Night w Big Daddy Event is a go this year also, probably at Sonny BBQ, but not sure.
Come out and Support Don again this year...no horsin' around. :usflag:
Last year was a massive success considering the Covid environment. 2021 will be even BIGGA!!!!

GARLITS 2021.jpg

GARLITS 2021A.jpg

Last edited:
BTT - I'll be at the Garlits show selling again. Wish I could bring more "big" stuff.

Hell the vendors should come to Florida for the month of November and hit the Turkey rod run on Thanksgiving weekend in Daytona at the speedway one of the biggest shows in the country and enjoy the nice ( not cold ) weather.

Hell the vendors should come to Florida for the month of November and hit the Turkey rod run on Thanksgiving weekend in Daytona at the speedway one of the biggest shows in the country and enjoy the nice ( not cold ) weather.

Easier said than done. More overhead than most "average" vendors/sellers can afford. I use to sell at the Turkey Rod Run for years, but swap meet spots got too high to make it worthwhile, and I'm local! Even several years ago, I don't recall there being more than a few Mopar-only sellers there.

Never been, but planning to go this year - spectator only! Any tips for a newbie?

Turkey run is typical 70% chevy, 20% ford, 10% other including Mopar, but there are almost too many vendors to take in in one day.
Harder to sift through. Plus lots are "street rod" specific which normally means any body with a gm power train.

I'm also somewhat local to Ocala, but the thought of making that 2 hour plus drive twice (actually four times) and loading and unloading the trailer twice (not counting the initial load at the shop and the unload on the return trip) sure is off-putting.

Turkey run is typical 70% chevy, 20% ford, 10% other including Mopar, but there are almost too many vendors to take in in one day.
Harder to sift through. Plus lots are "street rod" specific which normally means any body with a gm power train.

I'm also somewhat local to Ocala, but the thought of making that 2 hour plus drive twice (actually four times) and loading and unloading the trailer twice (not counting the initial load at the shop and the unload on the return trip) sure is off-putting.
I think you'll find Garlits well worth your time this year.
Last years show was riddled by the China Virus, but the recent massive Florida decline means this show will be JAM PACKED.
Don't forget, you can camp out at the Show. Weather is almost always great.
Since this is a 2 day show, hauling your stuf out really makes sense + you can set up Friday.
NO MORE HORSIN AROUND, COME ON OUT AND SUPPORT 85 YEAR OLD BIG DADDY!

Remember Mopars at the Mansion? Playboy mansion in LA had a Mopar show the same weekend as the Spring Fling for a few years running. Same weekend as my Long Beach Grand Prix too and I think the Peterson (sp?) museum in LA had an event that same weekend.....years ago.

Remember Mopars at the Mansion? Playboy mansion in LA had a Mopar show the same weekend as the Spring Fling for a few years running. Same weekend as my Long Beach Grand Prix too and I think the Peterson (sp?) museum in LA had an event that same weekend.....years ago.

Playboy Mansion was the night before Fall Fling. IIRC, they bused us out of there back to the Century Plaza Hotel at 11pm. There really wasn’t a conflict. If anything it brought more cars and people to both events.

In So Cal, there’s always some other event. I don't see Long Beach Grand Prix as a much of a conflict. Sure there are some that are die hard LBGP people. You just can’t please everyone.

Now, decades ago Chrysler Power would schedule events at LACR the same weekend as Spring Fling. That was dumb. Those events eventually moved their dates and faded away.

Last edited:
Attended Bigs show last year, about half the vendor area was full. I'm sure Covid had something to do with that but who knows. I'm gonna try the horse park show this time around and hope for the best. You're right no winners.

He IS a nice guy, and very approachable.

-
Back