Gas pedal bad angle , too tight, et al Adjust possible?

-

gdizzle

Reaction score
66 Dddart L6, auto. Gas pedal is too damn hard to press. And travel to the floor is maybe 2 inches. The angle of the pedal is 130 degrees, too close to the floor. How do I adjust the pedal to bring it back to 110 degrees? I assume this may also be the reason my kickdown is not working.
I have a spring at the fire wall on the rod, and also a spring on the carb choke.

There seems to be 2 places where I can screw up or screw down the rod to change the length.
Also the pedal rod has the ability to lengthen or shorten.

Ideas?

Attachments

• gaspedal - 1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 115
  • gaspedal - 1 (2).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 118
  • gaspedal - 1 (1).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 133
  • gas link - 1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 149
Ok I went through the steps in the manual, except skipped the part about loosening the transmission link, and inserting a 3/16 rod , 4 inches long. For fear of not getting it back to where it started.

I cinched up the threaded rod on the gas pedal, got the angle closer to 118. much easier to press now, and I HAVE KICKDOWN.

However I am still not happy about the bushing on the inside of the car holding the accelerator rod, it is bad. What is the name of it so I can try to track one down?
Also it is putting undue pressure on the firewall, and causing firewall to dimple in anytime I press pedal down.
Man that firewall is thin and flexy.
Check pics.
p.s. I did not adjust the threaded rod in the engine side, as it feels like it is already maxed out in terms of length. I could make it shorter but I would think that may worsen the angle of the throttle rod? help?
Seriously I was driving down the streets, and flooring it just to feel and hear the kickdown in action. super woody

Attachments

• gas link - 2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 68
  • gas link - 1 (2).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 89
  • gas link - 3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 98
-
Back