Gas Tank Vent Manifold

-

jonn6464

1970 Duster
Reaction score
Anybody know if there are re-pops for this piece?

Or a similar part that can be used?

upload_2020-3-6_11-39-20.png

Thanks

What did you take that from? Just curious odd looking to me. Always looking to learn.

I believe it's from a 1972 Cuda. Not mine, just using pic for reference.

I'm using a 72-74 Cuda gas tank in my build and I'm trying to find one (or a similar manifold) so that I can take advantage of the 4 vent lines coming from the tank.

Here it is all cleaned up...
upload_2020-3-6_14-15-45.png

And here it is, installed...
upload_2020-3-6_14-21-24.png

Ok what car BODY are you putting this in? There likely is no need for that mess. It was part of the evap control system (carbon canister) and essentially ties that all together into the line which went up front to the carbon can system. That line going up front IS the vent. There are other ways around that

You want to be careful here as you can create a non-venting problem, or a siphon problem

Ok what car BODY are you putting this in? There likely is no need for that mess. It was part of the evap control system (carbon canister) and essentially ties that all together into the line which went up front to the carbon can system. That line going up front IS the vent. There are other ways around that

You want to be careful here as you can create a non-venting problem, or a siphon problem

It's going in a '70 Duster.
Not trying to sound ungrateful for your reply, but I've got a full understanding of what it's for and where the line(s) go. My original question is just simply, are these available in the aftermarket world.
Since I'm using the Cuda tank, I might as well use the manifold to tie the 4 vent lines (one from each corner of the tank) into the single line going to the carbon canister.

Yes, this could be simplified. I can plug all of these outlets and just use the vent on the A body fuel filler neck. I can plug 3 outlets and run 1 line from the tank to the rear wheel well and vent to atmosphere. There are definitely options. I'm just trying to see of I can find the manifold or not.

I have a near perfect, trunk mounted 70-71 a-body unit if your needing the correct part for dart/duster.
The one shown is e-body and very hard to come by iirc.

Not that I'm aware of.

That looks just like the one on my 73 Satellite.

Inside the outlet nipple is a brass shuttle valve that is supposed to allow gases out and prevent liquids in.

Mine stuck causing pressure to build up during driving which could literally blow the gas cap out of my hand when removing it for fueling.

I had to cut a hole in the body, carefully drill out the brass shuttle, and weld it back up.

Plan B was to build a replacement manifold from brass fittings, but as the price of those fittings has skyrocketed in the past 3 years it would have been over $60.

-
Back