Gasket ID Help

-

jonn6464

1970 Duster
Reaction score
Hey FABO,

I ordered a timing cover and water pump kit from Mancini Racing. It came with a gasket set. I understand that I don't need all of the included gaskets, but there are a few I don't know what they are for, and I don't wanna miss any.

I called Mancini, but they were not much help.

Can anyone ID these gaskets?

This is 4" across...
IMG_20211001_140410375.jpg

This is very rigid, feels like it has a metal inner core, about 3" across. There are 2 other paper water neck gaskets in the kit, so I wasn't sure if this is just another water neck option...
IMG_20211001_140417509.jpg

No idea what this one is...
IMG_20211001_140357941.jpg

#1 Unknown for a mopar application. Looks like heat exchanged gasket on a boat.
#2 choke well in the intake manifold 1970-1972 V8. Someone will need it
#3 universal thermostat gasket. Junk for a mopar.

#1 Unknown for a mopar application. Looks like heat exchanged gasket on a boat.
#2 choke well in the intake manifold 1970-1972 V8. Someone will need it
#3 universal thermostat gasket. Junk for a mopar.
Thank you very much!

Hey FABO,

I ordered a timing cover and water pump kit from Mancini Racing. It came with a gasket set. I understand that I don't need all of the included gaskets, but there are a few I don't know what they are for, and I don't wanna miss any.

I called Mancini, but they were not much help.

Can anyone ID these gaskets?

This is 4" across...
View attachment 1715799298

This is very rigid, feels like it has a metal inner core, about 3" across. There are 2 other paper water neck gaskets in the kit, so I wasn't sure if this is just another water neck option...
View attachment 1715799299

No idea what this one is...
View attachment 1715799297
First one is one version of the oil filter adapter gasket. Goes under the plate that is under the oil filter adapter. I think that one is for the angle adapter, but it’s been a long time.
Second one is for choke well “tub” that goes in a factory intake.
Third one is a crappy universal thermostat housing gasket. Good material, just trim off what you don’t need.
Edit: I got treed by 413. Lol.

First one is one version of the oil filter adapter gasket. Goes under the plate that is under the oil filter adapter. I think that one is for the angle adapter, but it’s been a long time.
Second one is for choke well “tub” that goes in a factory intake.
Third one is a crappy universal thermostat housing gasket. Good material, just trim off what you don’t need.
Edit: I got treed by 413. Lol.
Thank you, much appreciated.

-
Back