Gasket kit for 90degree oil filter adapter

-
Reaction score
Happy holidays!
I need to purchase a small block oil filter adapter. There are several for sale here in the classifieds but none come with the gasket.

I looked on Ebay and found someone selling a gasket kit for $40. (I don't really want to pay $40 for a rubber gasket)
Have any of you found a reasonably priced gasket that works for mounting the adapter?

Thanks!!!!

These gaskets aren't rubber. Fel-pro makes them. I just bought mine from Mancini. Its supposed to be a better grade gasket .

ps Don't over torque the bolt like the last guy did on my engine. After cleaning it up for engine reassembly I see it is twisted and now scrap.

What you can do is go down to an auto parts supplier, get some gasket materi........Ah, forget it...

Curious were the holes in the bolt line or offset ?
Inline which leaves very little material in that cross section. Pee'd me off as I had just ordered parts from Mancini and they had short shipped the one part I really needed as they are nearly nla (rocker shaft expansion plugs)

Inline which leaves very little material in that cross section. Pee'd me off as I had just ordered parts from Mancini and they had short shipped the one part I really needed as they are nearly nla (rocker shaft expansion plugs)
Just about every bolt I have ever seen has been twisted. It's a **** of an idea.

over tightened

IMG_2062.jpg

That small center gasket gasket needs to be thick and soft because the clearance it takes up between the block and adapter can vary from block to block. I first noticed this when I started making custom filter adapters.

There are multiple different bolts, look for the one with the offset holes and thicker walls.
2018-04-01_002.jpg

Alan

all of the bolts I have seen had round holes, mine is slotted//

2017-03-17 core 008.JPG

-
Back