GAUGE INSTALL ?

-

trowlands007

Cuda Tom
Reaction score
OK, I'm installing some aftermarket mechanical oil and temp gauges. and I am trying to find a good place to drill the hole for the lines to go through the firewall. and 65 darts don't really have many places to drill through the firewall because they are so narrow. if anyone can give me an idea of a good place to drill it would be very helpful. thank you,

My dad drilled a small hole in the grommet for the speedo cable for an oil pressure hard line. It's on a 67 dart but might give you some ideas.

OK, I'm installing some aftermarket mechanical oil and temp gauges. and I am trying to find a good place to drill the hole for the lines to go through the firewall. and 65 darts don't really have many places to drill through the firewall because they are so narrow. if anyone can give me an idea of a good place to drill it would be very helpful. thank you,
As Dana said, use the hole for the speedo cable. I acquired another grommet for that hole, and it allows for a braided oil pressure line and a 1/8" line for a vacuum gauge.

is the car an automatic? does it have a body plug where the clutch linkage would go? i don't know about 65's...

So, you like live lines inside your interior eh? I would recommend either a copper line or stainless braided line and not a plastic one. Ok, is it a slant or small block?

So, you like live lines inside your interior eh? I would recommend either a copper line or stainless braided line and not a plastic one.
ha, i've suggested the same thing before, (yes, i run steel braided with AN fittings for the oil gauge), amazing how many people like plastic lines

ha, i've suggested the same thing before, (yes, i run steel braided with AN fittings for the oil gauge), amazing how many people like plastic lines
Yup, until that line pops loose in the interior with the RPM's up on a hot engine. :steering:

So, you like live lines inside your interior eh? I would recommend either a copper line or stainless braided line and not a plastic one. Ok, is it a slant or small block?
small block, and yes electic senders are unreliable , i've had issues with them and the ones in the car now don't work so i am getteing rid of them and using gauges that i know work and are accurate. and i agree about the plastic line

is the car an automatic? does it have a body plug where the clutch linkage would go? i don't know about 65's...
i didn't see one and it's omn the wrong side anyway the gauges are mounted in the middle of the car to the bottom of the dash.

You could use the throttle rod hole that is used on the slant. It should just have a plate over it if your car is a V8 car.

-
Back