Gear question

-

aaronk785

Reaction score
Going to get new gears for my car. Ive decided on 4.56 or 4.57. The 4.56 gear has 9 pinion teeth and 41 ring gear teeth. the 4.57 gear has 7 pinion and 32 ring gear. Would the 4.57s be stronger because the teeth would thicker. Or would the 4.56 spread contact out to more teeth. Just thinking. Maybe it doesn't matter.

For the most part which gear you use depends on what rear your going with! I don't think you will find a 4.56 and a 4.57 for a 8 3/4. Same goes for the 9" Ford rear or most any rear. Strength wise I don't think in most applications it will matter.

Thanks for the reply. Summit has both for the 742 case. richmand 4.56 motive 4.57 Maybe I should go for the best brand. Any opinions or experience? Thanks again.

I've used several different brand 4.56's over the years such as Zoom, Schafer,Richmond,USA. But I don't think I have ever owned or used 4.57 in a 8 3/4. But I'm sure they are ok.

Thanks for the replies. I will go with the richmands They are the 41 to 9. Quiet is good. Sounds like no strength difference. Thanks again.

-
Back