Gen 3 hemi in a Avenger

-
That would make a sweet lookin racer (or street car really) in my book!

I'm sure it could be done, you would need to fab mounting tabs/brackets to the frame to adapt to the hemi, I'm sure there is basic weld on universal mounts someplace... they have chevy LS ones for sale everywhere... maybe check the alterkation site.

Really the hard work would be the amount of floor/tunnel work necessary to make it a rwd car, and support a transmission in the subframe. I would assume the firewall would have to be pushed back a bit too to make room for that pig... but that's just a guess.

Do you know the avengers dimensions for the engine bay?

Joe

Frame? You mean the frame you gotta add, yourself, right?

You basically plop your avenger shell on a standalone frame. There's nowhere in the rear for suspension -chassis mounts with the beef for a drive axle and there's very little structure in the back half. Traction and a loose converter would twist that car right up if it wasn't significantly reinforced.

Remember, all late model fwd basically have the rear half of the car there to keep it from dragging it's *** on the pavement. The back half is just along for the ride, so there is no incentive to add a lot of structure to it.

Avenger not that I know of but there was a Lebaron convertible recently that had one installed. Like above o believe the floor was cut out of it and a also frame or such slid in.

The D.C. front cradle for a rwd. conv. for the Daytona/charger type thing...

-
Back