Gen 3 Hemi Main bolts

-

moparspares

Reaction score
ARP dont have listing for 5.7l Hemi Main bolts. They only list main studs which I didnt want for my stock rebuild. If I get the size, thread pitch and length. Is it simplistic thinking that I could just order Individual ARP bolts that match that size. They do rod bolts but not the mains for some odd reason.

You probably will want to talk to Arrington performance, they could probably guide you in the right direction. Your local fastenal store may be able to get aircraft grade bolts, walk in with the bolts you need and ask them. If fastenal can get them, your probably going to able to get them cheaper if you don’t have to buy a whole box to get them. Why are needing to upgrade from the factory grade eight hardware?

Probably because the torque to yield bolts in a Gen III Hemi are a one and done deal. If you have to take one out to replace the oil pump pickup.....you gotta throw it away and get a new one.

Hey, thanks for the education there, I’ve not messed with a gen three yet and probably never will, but I am unimpressed with torque to yield too!

Probably because the torque to yield bolts in a Gen III Hemi are a one and done deal. If you have to take one out to replace the oil pump pickup.....you gotta throw it away and get a new one.

Correct. but I have read guys that use the same ones but i'm not taking that risk. The problem that I thought about with buying individual ARP ones is that they might not have the same tensile strength of ones marketed as a Main Cap Bolt.

the gen3 is a pretty popular engine so if there was a demand ARP would be making them. also I would think these have shoulder for locating the cap so aircraft hardware isn't what you want either. if its a stock rebuild the stock bolts will be fine, just don't reuse TTY bolts

Why not go back to the dealer??? If they are torque to yield, and therefore throw away's, I would think the dealer would have have replacements in stock or at least able to get replacements

The LS guys reuse tty bolts all the time. They even have a new torque number if they have been used compared to new. Just saying...

I went to the dealer for my main bolts - if I had to do it again I would have just gone with studs - the TTY stuff is such bullsh*t. Head bolts - same thing... If my heads ever have to come off again I'll be going with studs...

Hey, thanks for the education there, I’ve not messed with a gen three yet and probably never will, but I am unimpressed with torque to yield too!

A VVT engine will improve that low end torque compared to a non-VVT engine. That's why I won't touch a 2003-2009 Hemi

-
Back