General weatherstrip for Dart wagon tailgate?

-

Aaron65

Reaction score
My '65 Dart wagon's tailgate weatherstripping (where the gate itself meets the body) is pretty much nonexistent. Has anyone tried a universal weatherstrip that might work on something like this?

Do you have a good piece of the old weather stripping? If so, go to Steele & see if they have something close to the profile you are looking for.

Do you have a good piece of the old weather stripping? If so, go to Steele & see if they have something close to the profile you are looking for.
The old stuff is so destroyed that I can't even really determine its original profile.

Andy Burnbaum Auto Parts in Newton , Mass had them . He has an online catalog . Good guy , honest and dependable

On my 62 Lancer I used 67 Dart trunk weather strip to seal around the gate. That worked great. I was able to find an NOS piece for the glass run, don't know what I would have done for that.

I’m going to give Todd at Quiery Quality (old Gary Goers company) a call today and see if they have (or will be) a reproduction seal as I need to find a suitable replacement.

On my 62 Lancer I used 67 Dart trunk weather strip to seal around the gate. That worked great. I was able to find an NOS piece for the glass run, don't know what I would have done for that.

I did the same on my 61 Lancer wagon

-
Back