Get-n R done.

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Damn, the cherry picker is in the back of the garage...well, lets just use a 2X4 as a lever off the bumper of my truck and some mule tape! Son, slide that HF furniture dolly under there with this plate on top but DONT get any of your self under motor! Ok here we go.....shi.., this is easy!
lift2.jpg
lift.jpg

'Dad, is this what you did in high school?' "Yup, you play computer games, I still played with blocks!" The dog is checking our progress...

That motor was black before I used 1/2 can of Eazy-Off on it and pressure washed it. Amazing how good caked on grease is in preventing corrosion. That block is 54 years old.

Last edited:
I need to get my cherry picker out of the corner of the garage. That requires moving a bunch of boxes that are stored under my Barracuda and then moving the car. I think I'll leave it handy this time...

I went to pick up a complete used engine, chevy cruze 4cyl.
Guy picked it up and set it in my truck. I later lifted the dead one, suprisingly not that heavy.

I did have to pick up a shortblock and set it on a pallet. La shortblock is heavier.

LOL!! Does the phone co. approve of you using their truck?

This photo was taken of me in the spring of '70 on the way from the N end of Idaho (on leave) to NAS Miramar where I would end up for 4 more years

A few months before this, I had been going to electronics A school here, and this was taken in front of the K6NCG amateur radio club building

The point is, the building in the far right corner of the photo is the Auto Hobby Shop. There's a street goes by it. When I was in school, I picked a SB Chev 283 short block complete with block, pistons, and crank and carried from the shop all the way across that street and dumped it into the trunk of a friend's 65 Chevelle. LOL. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!

Hams_011.jpg

I need to get my cherry picker out of the corner of the garage. That requires moving a bunch of boxes that are stored under my Barracuda and then moving the car. I think I'll leave it handy this time...
Exactly!

Im home dispatched so I get to drive this clunker home every night. Saves a hell of a lot of gas money on my end but the F'n CNG is about as economical as race gas. Its 3.03 a "gallon" and it gets about 10 mpg. So a fillup is only good for 2 days for me and if you run out of gas, your calling Dr. Hook for a lift to the closest CNG station and they dont grow on trees yet around here. The fuel guage is useless, you have to just watch the odometer and when you get past 100, start looking. If you get past 150, start praying ones around the corner. 180, your done give or take 20 miles. The solenoid wont open the fuel line if your under 700 psi. fill pressure is 3600.

Had a race-prepared MGB back in the day. That’s how we pulled the motor. 10’ 4x4”, two guys on each side, came out and went in easy!

-
Back