Gettin My Feet Wet - 383

-
I was told the stock main bolts will handle 500hp or so.. ARP's handle like 700hp

I didn't know the limits of the stock bolts. Thanks. Next build will definitely have ARP main bolts as it will be a more powerful build.

I've always use and likes studs not just because of the strength but because of the ease of assembly

Well I've been low key for a few days. Been gathering up more parts and reading up on Mopar engines. The "How to Rebuild Big Block Mopar Engines" book by Don Taylor is really a great read and in depth guide on the B and RB engines. I would recommend this book to anyone. It even has all the specs for the engines. Anyway, more loose end parts came in over the weekend such as the timing cover, bolts, and fuel pump block off plate. I did order ARP main bolts but my machinist has already line honed the block using the stock bolts. So if anyone would like to buy them they are in new unopened box. Shoot me an IM.

@Zac_F71 you are correct about those fuel pump block off plate bolts. They are slightly smaller than an inch. 7/8 to be exact.

Attachments

• 20160215_102812.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 101
Just got off the phone with Bullet Cams out of Mississippi and had a great conversation with one of their associates. Excellent service! I was going to go with Comp cams grind but it wasn't as fitting as the custom grind I am receiving. Was on the phone for about half an hour and it was worth it as we really got this build fine tuned.The brains and lifters should arrive in 2 weeks.

Haven't given up! Been a while since I have been on the site and worked on the engine due to work and other situations. The site has received a face lift since my last post. As of now pretty much all is left on the 383 is to order heads, pushrods, and water pump. However, going to have to wait because I just bought my first Mopar A body thanks to a fellow FABO member. A thread on the 75 Gold Plymouth Duster will be in the making later this year. I just wanted to say hello and it's great to see everyone's progress on their projects. Keep it up.

-
Back