Getting called in on ur day off...

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
Just pisses me the hell off....Nice saturday I have off, working on my barracuda, lining a brand new fuel tank with blue lightening fuel tank liner...In the middle of enjoying my time off working on the barracuda parts, i get a call from my good friend who i work with...asking if i can work for him today, he is extremely sick...So i'm kinda pissed off, have to quit what im doing, clean up all these chemicals, and half-*** coated gas tank ill have to finish sometime next week...havent had time to work on my car in ages...i work 7 days a week and im getting burnt the hell out....F*ck....i just want my weekends back....

Just say no. You need to stop covering for everyone.

I always use the excuse of "I just drank a few beers and you should have called me earlier". It works and nobody gets upset. :toothy10:

Key words: My good friend. Extremely sick.
I'm sure he would be there for you when needed.
Your a good guy so SUCK IT UP SALLY!

Kenny

I know you already apologized, but I was going to also say that at least you have a job. I have one too but we aren't allowed overtime. Wish I could work 50 hour weeks sometimes but I can't. :angry7: Want that extra cash.

I just wanted to say a little something on the subject. The only work I can find around here is oil field jobs. The one I've got now and have had for the last 3 and a half years is well testing. I camp out on oil field locations 24/7 for days, weeks, or months at a time, just so I can tell some guy sitting in a mansion somewhere how much oil and gas he's getting out of this thing. When I finally get off, I'm on 24 hour call. Sometimes I won't get a day off for as long as 6 months strait. The only way I see my wife and child is to have them come out to the location where I'm working. I'm only saying this because during these hard times, sometimes you have to do what you have to do to take care of the ones you care about most. Being a hard working american is an honorable thing to be, don't let it get you down.

Why are you apologizing? You didn't say you weren't going in. You just were ticked off about it. Nobody said you had to be happy about it. It's the character of the man that does the things he doesn't want to because of honor.

I just wanted to say a little something on the subject. The only work I can find around here is oil field jobs. The one I've got now and have had for the last 3 and a half years is well testing. I camp out on oil field locations 24/7 for days, weeks, or months at a time, just so I can tell some guy sitting in a mansion somewhere how much oil and gas he's getting out of this thing. When I finally get off, I'm on 24 hour call. Sometimes I won't get a day off for as long as 6 months strait. The only way I see my wife and child is to have them come out to the location where I'm working. I'm only saying this because during these hard times, sometimes you have to do what you have to do to take care of the ones you care about most. Being a hard working american is an honorable thing to be, don't let it get you down.

Well buddy I know how you also feel...I served 5 years in the Army, 2 of those years in Iraq, not being able to see my family for a whole year at a time.. It sucked a whole bunch. But now that I'm out of the Army I am very thankful for everything that I have. I know being a hard working American is an Honorable thing to be, and I believe in no free handouts. lol I'd rather be let down by friends, than be the one letting my friends down. :) So, here I am at work, as he is cozy in bed resting. :)

Why are you apologizing? You didn't say you weren't going in. You just were ticked off about it. Nobody said you had to be happy about it. It's the character of the man that does the things he doesn't want to because of honor.

he was apologizing to the people who may not have a job for fussing about having a job. in a nutshell so to speak.

Well buddy I know how you also feel...I served 5 years in the Army, 2 of those years in Iraq, not being able to see my family for a whole year at a time.. It sucked a whole bunch. But now that I'm out of the Army I am very thankful for everything that I have. I know being a hard working American is an Honorable thing to be, and I believe in no free handouts. lol I'd rather be let down by friends, than be the one letting my friends down. :) So, here I am at work, as he is cozy in bed resting. :)
I thank you for your service. I did a 4 year stretch In the marine corps. I also spent some time in Iraq and Kuwait. It is more difficult than most people realize, as you already know. I can fully relate. But it appears that we both have a lot to be thankful for. We both made it home, Were both employed and we both have cool mopars to tinker with.

he was apologizing to the people who may not have a job for fussing about having a job. in a nutshell so to speak.

Wasn't an angry comment, it was supposed to more of a calm, bolstering thing. I get ya though and fully agree.

I own my own one man business so I work and work and work. Not complaining at all!!! It is a blessing to have a job in this economy. Too many people are hurting.

I work at the Post Office as a letter carrier and when I don't want to work I just don't answer the phone. It works every time because I am not required to wait by the phone on my off day.

lol...well cool...thanks for the rant everyone....ya know when ya just get a feeling of not wanting to do something but ya do it anways..and when its over it really wasnt that bad to begin with...lol

lol...well cool...thanks for the rant everyone....ya know when ya just get a feeling of not wanting to do something but ya do it anways..and when its over it really wasnt that bad to begin with...lol

especially true if you're a DJ for a strip club....

I didn't want to work today either. Worked until almost 11 last night and was back on the road at 7 this morning. Just got home and i am beat but get a day off tomorrow!!!

Funny you mention this,my foreman called at 1:30 today asking me to go in for 3 hrs at 3:30.What is he thinking?

-
Back