Getting ready for a dart 6.2 swap

-

sbmopar318

Reaction score
Any advice or tips?

06A08489-5D61-417E-AC5B-FFA1DA689A2C.jpeg

POST DETAILS of what and how you did with good photos. PLEASE!!

What trans?

1. The Holley mounts are setup to move the motor forward so the intercooler manifold clears the firewall. If you didn’t want to modify your firewall.

2. Buy parts now and prepare to wait. I’ve seen the ship date for my headers move out a month for like 3 months in a row now.

What trans?

1. The Holley mounts are setup to move the motor forward so the intercooler manifold clears the firewall. If you didn’t want to modify your firewall.

2. Buy parts now and prepare to wait. I’ve seen the ship date for my headers move out a month for like 3 months in a row now.

plan on running a built 727 and 3.23 sure grip 8 3/4. I knew about the firewall thing. Thanks for the info on Holley mounts that helps

Ordered all my us car tool stuff last night. Torque boxes and sub frame connectors and spring relocation

The obvious swap parts: headers, mounts, oil pan, flexplate. I would build the 727 like it was going behind a big inch big block. Can be done on a stock K member. Steering column tube needs to be trimmed back to the firewall. I think Hemi Denny has a neat bracket to move the bulkhead harness in the car. He's a member here. Also builds tube K members and suspension. Lots of members here that have done the gen 3 swap. Feel free to ask questions. Good luck with your build! Gonna be a blast!!!

What trans?

I second the part about long ship dates. I ordered a set of holley swap motor mounts and the aluminum 6.4 swap oil pan for my friends 72 dodge charger. I ordered the parts back in March and just got a email stating the ship to date has been pushed back to the end of October. Best of luck to the op or anybody trying to get parts.

I second the part about long ship dates. I ordered a set of holley swap motor mounts and the aluminum 6.4 swap oil pan for my friends 72 dodge charger. I ordered the parts back in March and just got a email stating the ship to date has been pushed back to the end of October. Best of luck to the op or anybody trying to get parts.

On one happy note, I got my swap headers last week. So sometimes they do ship.

Waiting on the oil pan to be back in stock though.

On one happy note, I got my swap headers last week. So sometimes they do ship.

Waiting on the oil pan to be back in stock though.
Thats great news. Of all the parts I spent money on. It figures it would be the last two parts I need the most not come in. Well the guy I was going to be installing the engine in called me today and said he was giving up on the project. So now I have to find out if I can return brand new unopened boxes back to holley. I tried to tell him this wasn't going to be a cheep or fast engine install. But I don't think he beleaved me until now. Best of luck to you and the op on your builds

-
Back