After some recent issues on FABO I am reluctant to post, because there are some members out there who know everything, but do nothing. So if you are one of those members then please post somewhere else. This is my car and don't care if you think stock is better and safer. With that being said, I will continue to post here and see how it goes.
Well I took some time to pull the K member the last few days and do some stiffening to the steering box area, idler arm mount and motor mount pads. I put it in the parts washer and scrubbed for about an hour, then the blast cabinet. At some point in the cars life someone thought they were Bo Duke and dented the K member pretty bad in the bottom. Rather than fight the dented area I cut it out and bent some 10ga and and welded it in. I figure the new pad on the bottom will be a good place to go ahead and mount a tow hook too for down the road. I installed the K member about 3 times while welding it to avoid warping it. Even after all of the cleaning I still had old grease coming from everywhere and had to use the mig in a few places. No issues at all and it is dead straight.