Girdle

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 74 duster with spool K member and factory steering. Idler arm has cleared fine with old engine with out a girdle. Girdle is 1/2 in thick or so. If I go with the 72 down pitman, idler and centre link will I gain the clearance I need. Thanks. Kim

I have a 74 duster with spool K member and factory steering. Idler arm has cleared fine with old engine with out a girdle. Girdle is 1/2 in thick or so. If I go with the 72 down pitman, idler and centre link will I gain the clearance I need. Thanks. Kim
you can always have that girdle Blanchard ground to any thickness you want. I had mine taken down to .300 , wish I`d gone down to a 1/4" .

I don't think you will gain squat. Before I tore my car down, at some point I had both the early and later steering linkage. I had the Hedman headers, and of course the link must go through them and clear.

Forlorn, lol

_mg_7662cs-jpg.1714943286

hemieddy on ebay has those k-frame spacers,was wondering how much they would efect steering,might need alignment check if went that route

You will have to raise the engine in the K frame. I adjusted the dimples in the oil pan.

the engine girdle 1/2 inch thick in lowers the oil pan by that much. I had to shim my motor up to clear the k member and the steering linkages

-
Back