gm delco alternator wiring

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
going to wire up new gm dr44 alternator, fits well, it is a 4 pin terminal alt. I know I will have to remove the factory mopar voltage regulator... does anyone have any idea wire wires form Delco goes to what on the mopar, I understand the bat +. and the ignition says the same. do I have to do anything else with the other tow for any lights etc?

alt. connection.jpg

image.jpeg
going to wire up new gm dr44 alternator, fits well, it is a 4 pin terminal alt. I know I will have to remove the factory mopar voltage regulator... does anyone have any idea wire wires form Delco goes to what on the mopar, I understand the bat +. and the ignition says the same. do I have to do anything else with the other tow for any lights etc?

View attachment 1714948752
Maybe this?

image.jpeg

I just saw both diagrams are wired different. I did a quick search on google and cam up I with a ton of stuff. You ll just have to do a little more research.

it is a gm a/c delco dr44 alternator... that is the model off a 2012 gm product. LS or diesel type alternator. most common used nowadays. lots of reliable amps. thought that others who had done the gm wiring would know, if you have a 2 wire gm unit you will only get 13.8 volts period all the time. because no computer/body control module to pulse width modulate what and how many amps to pup when needed. a 4 wire unit does not require that, but wasn't sure ow to wire into it. im assuming that the ignition switched , cense wire from electrical system, and 1 for a bulb check light, not sure of the 4th that may be the load wire...

done it twice, both cs130's one bb one sb/la. the quick and easy....strip old components (not wiring)take the load sensing wire (ignition) from your regulator and connect it to the field/stator wire going to the alternator. buy the correct alternator connector with a resistor inline on the sensing lead. Connect the heavy wire to the alt charge wire and install at least a #8 gauge wire from the alternator back to the starter solenoid hot post (failing to do this will require an extinguisher)2 wire connectors with the resistor are readily available.

-
Back