gm delco alternator wiring

Electrical and Ignition

1. joshua dewitt

joshua dewitt Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:22 PM
    going to wire up new gm dr44 alternator, fits well, it is a 4 pin terminal alt. I know I will have to remove the factory mopar voltage regulator... does anyone have any idea wire wires form Delco goes to what on the mopar, I understand the bat +. and the ignition says the same. do I have to do anything else with the other tow for any lights etc?

alt. connection.jpg

2. 67Dart273

67Dart273 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    5:22 PM
  3. mmzullo

mmzullo Active Member

Local Time:
    8:22 PM
    image.jpeg
    Maybe this?

image.jpeg

4. mmzullo

mmzullo Active Member

Local Time:
    I just saw both diagrams are wired different. I did a quick search on google and cam up I with a ton of stuff. You ll just have to do a little more research.

5. joshua dewitt

joshua dewitt Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:22 PM
    it is a gm a/c delco dr44 alternator... that is the model off a 2012 gm product. LS or diesel type alternator. most common used nowadays. lots of reliable amps. thought that others who had done the gm wiring would know, if you have a 2 wire gm unit you will only get 13.8 volts period all the time. because no computer/body control module to pulse width modulate what and how many amps to pup when needed. a 4 wire unit does not require that, but wasn't sure ow to wire into it. im assuming that the ignition switched , cense wire from electrical system, and 1 for a bulb check light, not sure of the 4th that may be the load wire...

6. 68cuda408

68cuda408 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    done it twice, both cs130's one bb one sb/la. the quick and easy....strip old components (not wiring)take the load sensing wire (ignition) from your regulator and connect it to the field/stator wire going to the alternator. buy the correct alternator connector with a resistor inline on the sensing lead. Connect the heavy wire to the alt charge wire and install at least a #8 gauge wire from the alternator back to the starter solenoid hot post (failing to do this will require an extinguisher)2 wire connectors with the resistor are readily available.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.