Going to switch out the sending unit..

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
On my 71 duster
It started out as a /6 and is now a 408
I plan on upgrading to a 3/8 fuel line and using the stock line as a return

Anything I should look out for, or is this a simple project I can do with the car on Jack stands?

On my 71 duster
It started out as a /6 and is now a 408
I plan on upgrading to a 3/8 fuel line and using the stock line as a return

Anything I should look out for, or is this a simple project I can do with the car on Jack stands?

Maybe maybe not. there is little room for a 3/8 feed and 5/16th return sharing the same space.

What's your plans for your (I assume OEM) sending unit?

If the sender is working good and it's OEM, I would remove it and have the 3/8 line added to it. The sender curve on aftermarket senders is horrible

Those 3/8" pickups have a 1/4" vapor return.

are you thinking that is not enough for a fuel return line?
im just running a mechanical fuel pump, so i figured right now, there is zero fuel returning
even a hampered return would be better then none, right?

(i would have to check, the sending unit has been sitting in the garage for over a year now, but i do believe the return is smaller)

What's your plans for your (I assume OEM) sending unit?

If the sender is working good and it's OEM, I would remove it and have the 3/8 line added to it. The sender curve on aftermarket senders is horrible

the sending unit that is in there now is an aftermarket unit, and the curve is not what it should be

are you thinking that is not enough for a fuel return line?
im just running a mechanical fuel pump, so i figured right now, there is zero fuel returning
even a hampered return would be better then none, right?

More of an FYI when you have a 5/16" line going to a 1/4" hose barb. Have a plan to adapt the two. It may or may not impact things, depends on your pump pressure, regulator and engine demands.

-
Back