Good-guys DesMoines Iowa

-

jaws

I put the fun in dysfunctional
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
June 29-30-31 Iowa state fair grounds. Any one planning to show up. I am driving out with a couple friends, I will be bringing my 29 Chrysler. If you see it stop and say hi.

IMG_1023.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

Hey Jaws
I'll see you at the show, won't have my convert ready but getting close, will have pics though.
Lon

Very cool Lon, looking forward to seeing you again. Should be in the same area as before.

I wouldn't mind cruising down. Never been there before and it sounds like quite a show.

over 4500 cars last year, had to turn cars away Saturday, no room. Good show if you like to look at a little of everything.

Hey Mike;
Throw in a couple chairs, Moparjoe, some cool aids or a tool or two, and drive down Saturday morning and I'll show you around our local good guys show.
Plan on a full day of cars and parades, venders Paradise.
Lon

Shade, chairs and cold water at my spot. bring your car and enter, better parking spots! then when you get tired, you can drive around.

Got in last nite, how do you guys out deal with the humidity? Us Colorado guy are dying here.:lol:

Any other A body guys going to be there Saturday or Sunday? Would like to meet up with members.
Lon.

I charged the a/c in the Swinger twice today netting a blown hose connection at the condenser first then again at the dryer. I need a new hose. Lol Might see you tomorrow.
Any other A body guys going to be there Saturday or Sunday? Would like to meet up with members.
Lon.

Last edited:
Not going to make it this year. Having A/C issues at home also. It is freezing up the evaporator. It's 80+ in here. Not a good night. Didn't sleep well. Try to catch you guys next time around.

@jaws, @lkopaska. Nice to meet you Jaws. That's a great Chrysler coupe you have especially with the early Hemi and the 4 speed. Thanks for the hospitality as well. A cold water, a break from walking, and some shade was very well appreciated by all of us. As always, nice to see Lon. He is a great tour guide for us newbies. It has been over half a century since I have been to the fairgrounds and did not have a clue. Quite a show for sure. Tmm

Last edited:
It was nice to meet you Mike, and see Lon again and catch up on things. That Desoto was nice, would have made a neat driver.

Last edited:
Didn't take to many photos, to dang hot for this Colorado guy. but here is what grabbed my attention.

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

Vega was all steel
IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

Chevy was a half scale home built car and very cool
IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a few Mopars. Great show even if the heat was unbearable on Saturday.
156.jpg
154.jpg
155.jpg
171.jpg
172.jpg
173.jpg
174.jpg
178.jpg
182.jpg
191.jpg

-
Back