Good times

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
23 is starting out pretty nice. I don't know if it's my imagination but it seems like more cars are popping up for sale and at reasonable prices.

Sure you still have your dusters priced at 40 grand by someone smoking a real good doobie but there's a lot of A and C body projects popping up under 2.5k.

Not bad, I have seen a few B body projects pop up for under 10 grand which are the same cars that were unreachable a few years back.

Probably a flippers nightmare but good times for someone looking for a good car to mess with and have fun.

23 is starting out pretty nice. I don't know if it's my imagination but it seems like more cars are popping up for sale and at reasonable prices.

Sure you still have your dusters priced at 40 grand by someone smoking a real good doobie but there's a lot of A and C body projects popping up under 2.5k.

Not bad, I have seen a few B body projects pop up for under 10 grand which are the same cars that were unreachable a few years back.

Probably a flippers nightmare but good times for someone looking for a good car to mess with and have fun.
I am still seeing mid 70's 4 door C-bodies in "decent" shape for 5k, which I think is ridiculous. But, there are a few deals to be had if one has patience and keeps looking. I want to see pictures of your new '72 !!!

Ill be putting up a couple for sale here soon. Space more than money, but Im not giving them away either. 93 S10, 72 Duster, and the 34 plymouth coupe (project). The Duster will pull the most, but again, Im needing space for a 68 firechicken coming my way.

What did you score your 72 for?

Still have 'bumpin' stereo equipment for you if rattlin the windows is still on your agenda.

Lets go 2023!

Ill be putting up a couple for sale here soon. Space more than money, but Im not giving them away either. 93 S10, 72 Duster, and the 34 plymouth coupe (project). The Duster will pull the most, but again, Im needing space for a 68 firechicken coming my way.

Still have 'bumpin' stereo equipment for you if rattlin the windows is still on your agenda.

Lets go 2023!
She stole it

$1500 ea. the seller is kinda living in the past because he thinks 3k in his pocket is like hitting the lotto and he thinks he screwed us over pretty good.

He still has a lot of other cars and most have been out there for decades. I think he thinks mopar A bodies are "cheap cars that no one wants" LOL

I am still seeing mid 70's 4 door C-bodies in "decent" shape for 5k, which I think is ridiculous. But, there are a few deals to be had if one has patience and keeps looking. I want to see pictures of your new '72 !!!
5k for a c body isn't bad but for 5k it better be nice. I don't think 5k in 2023 is bad for a nice car. If it's a project C for 5k, that's whack, I'll agree is ridiculous if it's a c body project for that.
C bodies are very expensive to restore and some of those parts are gone, never to be seen again.

Lets go 2023!
Oh..the s10? That is a great little run around truck. Keep me in mind when you put that one up.

I’ve made a bunch of new mopar friends already this year, and have gotten some really good deals from members. I hope 2023 brings everyone good deals and spinning wheels.

I’ve made a bunch of new mopar friends already this year, and have gotten some really good deals from members. I hope 2023 brings everyone good deals and spinning wheels.
When I joined the site in 2011, I was building a 69 GTS and in them days, GTS parts were around and were in the reach of us "kids" in our early to mid 20s. Now I'm mid 30s and it seems like the good ol days are back for this hobby.

I just scored a 72 duster grille from a member and mopar fever for me is back on and its not even spring yet.

Lets go 2023!
Oh..the s10? That is a great little run around truck. Keep me in mind when you put that one up.
If you are planning on selling soon keep it quiet until you post a sale thread here or take it behind the scenes in a pm. It's a good way to get your posts get deleted or someone else's thread removed.

5k for a c body isn't bad but for 5k it better be nice. I don't think 5k in 2023 is bad for a nice car. If it's a project C for 5k, that's whack, I'll agree is ridiculous if it's a c body project for that.
C bodies are very expensive to restore and some of those parts are gone, never to be seen again.
100% agree. IF it looks good inside and out, and runs great, 5k may not be too bad for a '74 Newport. But, if it has some rust, faded paint, some tears in the interior, and needs exhaust and brakes... ummmm... I'll pass.

Good times, my ***.
I had to euthanize a loved pet on January 2nd.
Heavy rains for weeks (depressing) and a 38 hour power outage January 8th.
I had to go to the funeral of a cousin that died in a house fire on Christmas Eve.
Another pet of ours dug under the fence and got out twice in one week. Lucky we have a GPS collar on her and can track her. She loves to chase critters that come into the yard so now we have to pay close attention to her when she is out.
A friend killed himself 3 days ago, leaving a wife and 2 kids.
I still have my hair and don't need pills for anything. At least I have that.

Last edited:
People are listing more stuff for sale, and that drives down prices, because they can't afford important crap like food and utilities.

When I joined the site in 2011, I was building a 69 GTS and in them days, GTS parts were around and were in the reach of us "kids" in our early to mid 20s. Now I'm mid 30s and it seems like the good ol days are back for this hobby.

I just scored a 72 duster grille from a member and mopar fever for me is back on and its not even spring yet.
That shark tooth would do it for me too, score of the year!

Good times, my ***.
I had to go to the funeral of a cousin that died in a house fire on Christmas Eve.
Another pet of ours dug under the fence and got out twice in one week. Lucky we have a GPS collar on her and can track her. She loves to chase critters that come into the yard so now we have to pay close attention to her when she is out.

Damn dog, that’s rough. Lets hope 2023 gets better for you. FAST.

There may be more cars going up for sale. But here in Missouri and Illinois A bodies are still bringing big money. I've have noticed more project cars. '66 mustang coupes with a 6 cylinder have asking prices of high 30k to 40k. Mustang's are cheap in Oklahoma so I'm going to look there and in Kentucky Indiana for a A body mopar

People are listing more stuff for sale, and that drives down prices, because they can't afford important crap like food and utilities.

I'm not selling my car anytime soon, but groceries for the 4 of us are reaching $2k a month, it's getting hard to keep up when the kids eat everything in the house!

I'm not selling my car anytime soon, but groceries for the 4 of us are reaching $2k a month, it's getting hard to keep up when the kids eat everything in the house!
i hear ya, i just upped my credit card allowance by $500.00, just to make up for the cost of eggs and gas

(there is about $700 in monthly bills that goes on there, plus gas and groceries and i pay it off every month so there is no cost but still a little cashback)

its been working out decent so far

I've been lucky enough to be able to work from home a decent amount, so gas hasn't been too outrageous, but just the normal day to day stuff for us seems to have at least doubled in the last year. I ended up reducing my 401k contribution to get a little more in my check to cover the added costs. I would have liked to increase my 401k contribution since everything is low and starting to come back, but it is what it is I guess.

Good times, my ***.
Geeze, and I thought I was the only one.. sorry for all Your Loss

Economy is supposed to tank this year, if you have cash alot of "projects" will be for sale etc. also toys, harleys, boats, campers things that people may still owe on.

I've been lucky enough to be able to work from home a decent amount, so gas hasn't been too outrageous, but just the normal day to day stuff for us seems to have at least doubled in the last year. I ended up reducing my 401k contribution to get a little more in my check to cover the added costs. I would have liked to increase my 401k contribution since everything is low and starting to come back, but it is what it is I guess.

Don't kick yourself in the nuts just yet. Based on the layoffs in the tech sector, there's a bad moon rising.

It seems more project/builder cars come up for sale here in Texas in the winter months. I did see one Duster builder decent $. But it was 10 hour trip and it sold. I still see the crazy ask prices but I have actually seen some decent projects at fair prices but always too far for me to want to travel these days. I say inflation is starting to bite some butts!!! May recession coming up will help buyers with projects. . My opinion is here are way more cars for sale than buyers.

I have seen some cars priced stupid say $15000 and then they drop the price to $6000 and if asked will take $4000. $4000 was fair. Wife till thinks me spending $1200 on a builder makes sense!!!

Since the 80s, all I have seen is projects get wore and cost more in general. I would not mind so much paying more, but I can stand buying a parted out wanna be parts car forstupid $. I did pick up a 64 Merc Comet builder other day because I have wanted one for decades. My cardiologist said if I stop or slow down,I might not start back up aagain!!

The classic car market has always been fickle. It think we just have to accept what it is and adjust our wants and mind for such.

Yeah I cant take the $7 - $8000 asking price and there is nothing there but a body with a 7 1/4 rear no title etc. there had better be a small trailer of parts with that rolling hulk for 8 grand and hopefully there is an engine and trans...the instrument cluster and both front and rear seat frames LOL!

-
Back