Goodrich tells me to call Coker

-

Inspector71

Reaction score
Several of you have given me great ideas for wheel/tire combos and even for my 68 Barracuda and convinced me to go from 14" to 15". I checked the tires on it now, 205 70R 14s. Man do they look small. Anyway, I contacted BF Goodrich because I've always liked the T/A Radial, and asked them about tires in 15" sizes. Based on the YEAR of my car, they told me to contact Coker because they would have tires for old and classic cars. So, I go to the Coker webiste and they have the BF Goodrich T/As I am interested in. I'm wondering why, if they are BF Goodrich tires, Goodrich would send me to Coker. Am I missing something?

because there is probably some young kid behind the computer and when he types in your year of car the computer says no information..... and he is LOST!

Mopardrt: Come to think of it, that makes sense. I went to Jegs and Summit and found the same tires, from BF Goodrich, that they said I had to go to Coker to find...and cheaper too. For Furiousvip: Thanks for the tip. Sounds like a good deal to me. I have a credit car with Tire Discount Warehouse and I can probably get them through them. Cooper is supposed to be good. Again, thanks for the tips.

I just checked out the Cooper Cobras. They look good and are definitely cheaper than the BF Goodrich Radials. I owe you!

You might want to look into Cooper Cobras. Less expensive than the BF Goodrich and just as good.
I have 215/70-14 up front and 225/70-14 out back on my 68 Barracuda and I'm happy...Next time I may go 235/70-14 out back.

I have found online tires to have some of the best prices in town.

http://www.onlinetires.com/user/veh...76/all_sizes/all_types/all_speeds/page_2.html

Yup yup the more I look the more affordable I see cooper cobras are, I really do love the BFG radial look, but for a car that gets driven once or twice a week, I have a real hard time spending 800 or so on a set of tires. I have a near completed restored set if Chrysler roadwheels waiting to find tires for them to go on my car.

The BF Goodrich Radial TA is being discontinued and most sizes are becoming unavailable. I run P295/50R15 Radial TA on the rear and P205/65R15 on the front. I have a 73 Dart Sport. I work at a tire dealer, so if you need size and overall diameters, let me know and I can email or fax you a tech sheet for the Radial TA.

Quick "conversion" for me thanks to you. I went to Discount Tire Direct and yep, they have them. I know raised white letters are "out" but not with me. They have them for $97 bucks a piece. I see and order going through this June. I'll let you know how this works out. Man this is a good forum.

Quick "conversion" for me thanks to you. I went to Discount Tire Direct and yep, they have them. I know raised white letters are "out" but not with me. They have them for $97 bucks a piece. I see and order going through this June. I'll let you know how this works out. Man this is a good forum.

Glad we could help, so are you going with the cooper cobras or BFGs

My apologies for missing your reply and thanks by the way. That is important information and definitely changes the direction I may go. I'm thinking 15x6 wheels on the front. I wanted chrome rallyes but they come 15x7 and larger. So, I checked on Keystone Klassics. They do have a 15x6. Will that look too skinny on a 68 Barracuda? My concern comes from the fact that I have 15X7s for my Charger (no tires on them) and they look really wide. Also, the Keystone has a backspace of 3.375. I know what backspacing means, I'm not sure I understand how it is applied to what wheel works. Again, thanks for your help.

for Mopardrt: I'm about 90% certain to go with the Coopers. I like the way they look and I can't beat that price. I owe you one.

my Signet runs 205/70 14 Coopers in front and 245/60 14 out back on T/A's, the stance is awesome and the tires appear to be the same height, however the traction with the T/A's is non-existent

BFG sold the molds to Coker about a year or two ago

Exactly, some time ago I ordered four of a 245/60r14 from my local tire guy. When he placed the order they told him there were enough to fill the order in BFG inventory. After a couple of weeks one tire showed up. He called to check and they told him inventory was off and that they only had one and were discontinueing the Radial T/As. They said they had sold the molds to Coker Tire and that he should reorder through them. He asked to send the one tire back and recieve credit but they said they couldn't do that. It turned into quite a hassle for him to finally get the credit for the three remaining tires. He finally sold the single tire to a guy a couple of moths ago.
He tried to order the 245/60R14s through Coker but they started making them by order of demand and that size was low on the list. I don't even know if they are making that size yet. I went with 15s as they were readily available through Coker.

The Cobras are Raised white letters on one side and Black letters on the other..so it's whatever you prefer.

Give up on 14's and 15's and embrace 17's. The world becomes your oyster for selection, quality, price, speed rating, tread wear, rims selection, etc.

my Signet runs 205/70 14 Coopers in front and 245/60 14 out back on T/A's, the stance is awesome and the tires appear to be the same height, however the traction with the T/A's is non-existent

Hahaha! I say the same thing! They spin forever, don't leave a lot of smoke, but they are hard to wear out. I only went through one set last year. God help you if you need to hook up, though.

I just put the Cooper Cobras on my 72. 225/70/14 all around. Got from discounttiredirect.com

They were here in 2 days.

-
Back