Gopher killing...

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
For the last two years ..two small holes...
All of a sudden, my yard looks like molten sand hills.. Pumped three hours of pipe water , so far ... I know about road flare sulphur, I thinking the beasties,has dug too many trenches . I prefer no poison, don't want to hurt local pets...
Any, Ideas ?

Around here animal control will catch them to release in the wild.
Check your local animal control.

works every time just drop it in and put a board over the top for 15 minutes.
s-l1600.jpg

Chocolate ex lax. Put pieces of the chocolate at the entrance of every hole you see. The furry rodents will eat the chocolate and cra@p all over their burrows and make their borrows uninhabitable forcing them to move to another location. This will not injure them but it will make their little butts sore!!:rofl:

All of a sudden, my yard looks like molten sand hills.. Pumped three hours of pipe water , so far ... I know about road flare sulphur, I thinking the beasties,has dug too many trenches . I prefer no poison, don't want to hurt local pets...
Any, Ideas ?

THIS WORKS !
I had terrible gopher problems, they were tunneling out underneath the double carport that is attached to my house. The carport asphalt has even sunk about 3/4" in most of it, to where water was standing under the carport . ICE IN WINTER. I took the muffler off one of my pushmowers, and piped the exhaust down into a hole in the front yard, sealed the hole ,left it running and went and mowed the church lawn (about 8 acres), when I got home the mower was out of gas, I refilled it and let it run out again. That was last spring,a little over a yr ago, ''still don't have any gophers''.
The best way would be to come up w/ an old 3/4" gas range connector, use the appropriate fitting ( reducer) and nipples to hook it up, so u could get it piped into the hole easily, be sure to seal around the pipe where it goes into the hole w/ something that won`t burn.
I guarantee this !!

A little mustard gas will do the trick. just make sure you protect yourself. lol

I tried these, didn`t work for me, not enough gas for the big problems !
I now have rampant moles in the back. They don`t seem to want anything to do w/ the front yard tho.
Moles are in your yard because they eat grubs. Get rid of the grubs, get rid of the moles.

Never ending problem here. We don't like to poison either for a number of reasons but honestly it is the best way. I have a bunch of traps I set. Put two in one hole each way so no matter what way they come from you can get them.

I use traps and poison. Poison is used with applicator and placed underground, so no worries. There is a learning curve on getting proficient with the traps but they work well. If I get a gopher that is too smart for the trap I revert to the poison. The poison work better in late fall to early spring when there is less food availability. Currently have 7 acres gopher free but you can be sure they will be moving back in from the neighbors.
Yote

I tried these, didn`t work for me, not enough gas for the big problems !
I now have rampant moles in the back. They don`t seem to want anything to do w/ the front yard tho.
I drop 3 in each hole
Kind of like the mower exhaust idea though.

Any, Ideas ?

grenade.jpg

sit around with a couple of beers and when they pop their heads up hit em with a .22

I used to live on a ranch where I could sit at the kitchen table with the back door open and blast them with my Ruger single 6 when they popped up.:D

Galvanized chain link fencing laid flat on the ground. Plants grow through it but gophers can’t dig through it to make burrows. If they happen to be in their burrows when you lay it down...oh, well.

Tried to find it, but at one time people would use propane pumped into the ground, then light it.
Success!! Found it.
propane to remove gophers - Bing video

And there outbuildings too. Lol. Maybe a porch or two as well. Basically anything the gofer tunnels by or under gets blown ski hi. Including you if you are standing over the hole. Lol

Major thunderstorm rolling thru.
I'm going out and run naked in the yard .with my tinfoil hat.

-
Back