Got a free engine stand, modded it into a 4 wheeler one

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
A co worker gave me a free 3 wheel engine stand. I modded it into a 4 wheel one today. Bought the 2 swivel castors off another fabo member last week. Made the front wheelbase 24". Make it nice and stable. It was missing 2 of the arms. I will need to make 2 of them, unless somebody on here has 2 spares they are willing to sell me. Anyhoo. A nice simple project today.

20210722_134246.jpg

20210722_142909.jpg

20210722_143213.jpg

20210722_142825.jpg

Last edited:
Nice... that'll definitely help, four wheels make a huge difference. My old 3 wheeler has been relegated to strictly transmission duty now. Maybe a Briggs now and then... :)

Nice job, best thing you can do with those. I had an old three-wheeled one, and boy, was that questionable, even with a small V8. Wouldn't even consider a big block.

Thought about it. If I did that I'd need to make it unboltable. This way I can take this thing apart for storage.

Yep these collapsible saw horses are great. I'd like to get another pair, but bought em probably 15 years ago. I cant find em anywhere anymore.

Last edited:
Good use of resources. I have 2 of the old 4 wheeler from HF. I passed on the 3, and bought the 4. I think I spent $10 more for each at the time. They're loaded now. When I was young, in the USMC auto shop, I had a 3 wheel cart with a long block BBC hit a crack in the concrete. I might have lost a leg if my helpers hadn't pushed it away.

Last edited:
Now give those big wheels like it deserves!

Nice job Matt.

Gotta tell you, I'm a little disappointed

I was expecting to see a 4-wheeler hanging from that engine stand

-
Back