Got me some newer Mopar to drag behind the coach.

-

1969383S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Found a nice clean 2015 Dart/Aero Turbo 6 speed stick to be my flat tow at a really good price. Will need a little customizing but drives like a little rocket. Was looking at a Fiat 500 but this is the same in a different wrapper! Never thought I would own a Dart!

8ACEDA4E-5A94-4F51-9865-4DE2107BB8AF.jpeg

75CD55BD-695A-445D-8CF1-2B33074E822D.jpeg

107C974D-D9BE-49FB-B7F0-1860609FF0E6.jpeg

nice lines...didnt know it was a Fiat 500 chassis. Can it take the 2 cyl 85HP twinAir motor?

?? It says multi-air Turbo on the decklid. Not sure what you mean. It is a Fiat 500 Abarth drive train it seems. Fun little car and roomy for us as a toad.

8.4 touch radio and nav, racetrack lighting just right for a tow. Actually kinda fun to drive. No BB seat of of the pants rock the house, but fun and a easy flat tow. ETrailer.com has already sent the needed items I do not already have to get it ready.

Well this has been fun to get tow ready. Got all the rear lighting wiring done this weekend pretty simple but it was hot and steamy. The brake switch is going to be fun! The brake lights turn on with no key so they must be defeated with a ignition on relay for the coach to have full control of the rear lights in tow with the auxiliary air brake system. My fat stomach is not going to get under the dash, there is no room! Hope either pulling the lower dash trim or the front seat if needed will get me access to probe the hot wire out of the brake switch and install the relay to defeat. I Thought the Fish was tough!

Never mind that I have not even considered pulling the front end to install the tow bracket until I have all the electrical ready. It may have been worth bringing it in to an RV shop and letting them prep it! Getting old but still trying to get it done!

My wife bought a 14 new, it was a good little car.
Did not have any issues with it. She loved that little car, she traded it in on a Jeep, when we became the care givers to her 2 year old grand-daughter.
She used to say, give me 3 seconds and I will pass you.

My wife bought a 14 new, it was a good little car.
Did not have any issues with it. She loved that little car, she traded it in on a Jeep, when we became the care givers to her 2 year old grand-daughter.
She used to say, give me 3 seconds and I will pass you.

Funny.

It is a good little pocket rocket. If I could have a found a similar low mileage Jeep 4x4 for the low price I would have got it! Fairly Easy Flat tow is the priority, and only a handful meet that criteria. The wife did not want to tow the 3500 4x4 Ram behind the coach and damn sure does not want to get rid of it! So this is the solution.

Thanks for taking this on, and letting us watch.
Wife and I interested in your project. Currently towing a miata with our 25' Excursion (Ram 3500 chassis)
Miata uses $50 tow bar, $20 magnetic lights, and specific bar bracket was about $120.
Please let us know what you spent on the tow equipt. and how long the install takes.

Thanks for taking this on, and letting us watch.
Wife and I interested in your project. Currently towing a miata with our 25' Excursion (Ram 3500 chassis)
Miata uses $50 tow bar, $20 magnetic lights, and specific bar bracket was about $120.
Please let us know what you spent on the tow equipt. and how long the install takes.

I bought the 400HP cummins coach and it came with many extras, the tow bar stuff and braking stuff which is the costliest. The items for the Dart cost me thus far 578.00 + or minus. Do you tow with aux braking! It is required in most states. I want easy hookup and no issues as the Dart came with a 50k warranty. We have hauled big 5vers behind the RAM 3500 4x4 Dually for years. It would have been an easy flat tow itself but! My first choice was a 2013 vintage Fiat 500. Roomy enough as a toad, and much easier to equip for flat tow. The Dart will be fine though. No lock on steering and no key in required for tow.

Last edited:
I bought the 400HP cummins coach and it came with many extras, the tow bar stuff and braking stuff which is the costliest. The items for the Dart cost me thus far 578.00 + or minus. Do you tow with aux braking! It is required in most states. I want easy hookup and no issues as the Dart came with a 50k warranty. We have hauled big 5vers behind the RAM 3500 4x4 Dually for years. It would have been an easy flat tow itself but! My first choice was a 2013 vintage Fiat 500. Roomy enough as a toad, and much easier to equip for flat tow. The Dart will be fine though. No lock on steering and no key in required for tow.

I think braking not required if under 3000lbs in NC anyway! I've watched folks hook-up with the more deluxe gear and been impressed with the ease and speed of procedure. Your Dart gear sounds pretty reasonable.

I think braking not required if under 3000lbs in NC anyway! I've watched folks hook-up with the more deluxe gear and been impressed with the ease and speed of procedure. Your Dart gear sounds pretty reasonable.

May not be required in NC, but a good idea none the less. We plan to go up down and all over the states, and an aux brake in the toad is likely a good idea. Coach came with a Roadmaster Falcon II bar and a Roadmaster Even Brake system. I am setting up the Dart to work with these. Also setting up the Fish hauler 24’ enclosed trailer for the same, kinda sorta, for tow with the coach.

Sounds like you scored on your RV coming with the towing gear. No disagreement from me on the brakes!
Miata curb weight 2100 lbs, Xcursion weight almost 11k lbs., obviously can't tell it's back there. I'm guessing your Dart is a little over 3k lbs. and mountain driving would make brakes a no brainer.

Sounds like you scored on your RV coming with the towing gear. No disagreement from me on the brakes!
Miata curb weight 2100 lbs, Xcursion weight almost 11k lbs., obviously can't tell it's back there. I'm guessing your Dart is a little over 3k lbs. and mountain driving would make brakes a no brainer.

Yes for sure. Dart is like 3k or less curb. Easier on the coach brakes. The fish weighs 3400/3500 with original BB, and the 10K enclosed trailer weighs? Looking to install a proportional controller on the trailer A frame for it. Easy to install and not have to put a control box under the dash of the coach. The Ram 3500 has a built in controller and has been awesome but installing one on the trailer allows me to lend it out for anyone with a truck stout enough to pull it regardless of a brake controller. The Coach is pre-wired for it but would really not like to put one in. That flat tow is self contained so that works right in to the plan.

Last edited:
Yes for sure. Dart is like 3k or less curb. Easier on the coach brakes. The fish weighs 3400/3500 with original BB, and the 10K enclosed trailer weighs? Looking to install a proportional controller on the trailer A frame for it. Easy to install and not have to put a control box under the dash of the coach. The Ram 3500 has a built in controller and has been awesome but installing one on the trailer allows me to lend it out for anyone with a truck stout enough to pull it! The Coach is pre-wired for it but would really not like to put one in. That flat tow is self contained so that works right in to the plan.

You know I never considered putting it on the trailer, sounds like an elegant solution!

You know I never considered putting it on the trailer, sounds like an elegant solution!

They are pretty cool and inertia controlled. Have not used one yet but going to try one. The Ram 3500 thus far is great and allows me 5 trailers with different settings stored for each. It will great to lend the trailer or use in other ways without needing a internal controller.

Last edited:
So the 2015 Dart got some work today and the Fish is in the drive under cover. Nice to have air in the garage!

Thanks Roadmaster tow solutions for good designs to start with!

The Brake light defeat was first. The brake switch just twists out of the bracket but has a a feature that once removed does not operate. There is a activation feature that when twisted in to the bracket let’s it function. Easy enough to override and probe. The Green wire is the brake light feed. Relay installed and not to bad and tested for operation when ignition on only. Pulled all the rear lighting and other needed wires out to the engine bay. Including an aux power outlet for the air brake operator. Now to pull the bumper and install the tow bracket!

Going to put a Mopar original bra on that we already have for stone chips and tow protection. Ordered a rear mask and side strobe stripe kit in gloss black to break up the rest the white paint.

Will test the auxiliary braking tomorrow.

Last edited:
By the way this little car takes up the same space in the garage as the 69 Fish. It sure looks smaller but darn it ain’t! More usable room in the Fish to boot! Bring back the old cars!

Back seat folds down like the FB fish but totally lacks the space of the fish!

Last edited:
Tested my Roadmaster 9400 braking package that came with the coach. Not good and no pass! It hit once then gave me a failure for no brake signal receive and lots of air loss. Had nothing to do with the brake signal as the one way seal in the exhaust port of the air cylinder in the 9400 blew out. Not sure how old it is but assuming a 2008 coach at least 10 years. Finding a repair kit was tough but once the valve manufacturer was determined pretty easy. Humphrey SQE2. Was bummed as my 56/year old body did not enjoy the underdash work on the 2015/Dart to hook up the brake light defeat and signal relay and the rest. Simple repair and only $10 compared to $1200 for a new unit, but disappointing after the work put in this weekend!

21FE5DDB-68FA-40FD-8173-EEA9218BC345.jpeg

41C52B23-A15D-4E89-B026-A204C48B8927.jpeg

565E952C-7E9E-4289-BA4E-DF441A4B5B03.png

Last edited:
Assembled unit in the drop in package looks like this.

F4604B9A-8104-457F-A997-442595DEAA0B.png

Last edited:
The Fish is back in the conditioned garage at least, and awaiting the repair kit to progress.

Last edited:
The shuttle/exhaust valve is still two weeks out from MA. WTH, ordered another from another source just in case it does not arrive in time. This is what I will lay on the Dart for decals to break up all the white. With the factory Mopar black Bra should look better and with the black wheels. Not to much but just a break on all the white. I know just a tow, but!

A7891FA0-0135-4B9C-A235-279379CAAB62.jpeg

FDB027C7-CF82-4BD2-9E66-33856D34A6BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Valve kit and the other I ordered just In case both arrived today. Installed and Re-Assembled the unit. Worked like a champ and got green light pass. Tow bracket this weekend and ready to tow. Decals will go on a well. I will test it all behind the Ram 3500 first.

The two older brothers are coming over in the morning to help strip the bumper cover and assist to install the tow bracket. Almost there! Should be fairly quick and the weather forecast is good and 20 degrees cooler. Will be nice to be a month ahead of schedule and pre-test it with the Dually! One way or another I am dragging it to Florida for Thanksgiving.

-
Back