Got my hands on some TF 270's (flow results)

-

RAMM

Reaction score
I don't know where the customer acquired them but I was shipped a pair of TF 270's for the upcoming Twin Trq-Storm SC 452 build. I disassembled them as a spring change is in order amongst checking the guides and seat work. Pulled up Trickflow's advertised flow numbers and put one on the SF-1020. I have a doweled plate that mounts the head perfectly as it would be on the block and the bore insert I used was exactly what TF states = 4.350".

Very impressed the flow numbers are pretty much bang on.

.100" 71.7
.200" 154.9
.300" 228
.400" 285 <<<This is a stellar flow rate for a conventional BBM
.500" 319
.600" 339
.700" 351

Well done I'd say. Now I'd like to see the small block TF's--At this point I'd trust the TF claims. J.Rob

TF270.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for that post. Most encouraging!

“.400" 285 <<<This is a stellar flow rate for a conventional BB.”
YEA! No **** huh!!!!! A Freaking crazy number.

Awesome! Thanks for that post. Most encouraging!

YEA! No **** huh!!!!! A Freaking crazy number.

I kinda forgot to mention that although I was skeptical about the flowrates claimed, that's just a small part of why I'm impressed. The casting quality is very very nice, the guides are a .500" top Viton seal and sized perfect (no white grease) real assembly lube, seats look awesome-I'm not going to mess with the valve job at all other than lap them in. The CNC step over is as fine as AFR's top option which I think they call "Race Ready" , the chamber shapes and top cut transitions in particular are a thing of beauty, the install heights are all right @ 1.950" with PAC springs and if I absolutely had to nit pick I would say the spring locators could be a snugger fit with the ID of the spring but that is really splitting hairs in my book. Very very well done Trickflow. J.Rob

Say it isn't so!!! A quality AFTERMARKET product in these troubled times!!!???

I’ve had a dozen or so sets of TF Mopar heads in the shop.
My only complaint with any of those sets were....... the guide clearance for the first few couple of years was very tight.
I had some where the clearance was as little as .0004”.

It would appear a conscious decision was made at TF to open that up a bit.
The last few sets I’ve had here had the guide clearance at .0010”-.0012”.

My other complaint is, for most flat tappet applications, I feel like the “middle” spring package is too stiff...... especially in light of how many people are experiencing cam & lifter woes.

Last edited:
I don't know where the customer acquired them but I was shipped a pair of TF 270's for the upcoming Twin Trq-Storm SC 452 build. I disassembled them as a spring change is in order amongst checking the guides and seat work. Pulled up Trickflow's advertised flow numbers and put one on the SF-1020. I have a doweled plate that mounts the head perfectly as it would be on the block and the bore insert I used was exactly what TF states = 4.350".

Very impressed the flow numbers are pretty much bang on.

.100" 71.7
.200" 154.9
.300" 228
.400" 285 <<<This is a stellar flow rate for a conventional BBM
.500" 319
.600" 339
.700" 351

Well done I'd say. Now I'd like to see the small block TF's--At this point I'd trust the TF claims. J.Rob

View attachment 1715741064
Just curious if you've flowed the 240s in the past ?

What is the "270" number? Is that the relative intake port volume?

No, these are the first of any kind of trickflows, ive seen. J.Rob
Hi I am new to forum and I have been reading several of your post one that I would like to pick your brain about is 400 stroker is there a way to contact you thank you,Dave

-
Back