Got my Headers

-

66dartman

Reaction score
I finally broke down and bought the Dougs D450 headers for my 66. They are really nice. Just a note: I bought them from Bob Mazzolini Racing for $699, quite a bit less than the $960 that Dougs quoted. I don't know what happened to doug's headers, if you try thier website it send you to Pertronix.

COOL!!

Be sure to take lots of pix!! - we can have the most comprehensive early A exhaust section known to man!

looks real nice! i gues its not a fun thing to change the drivers side sparkpluggs? but that is something i gues anyone can live with!

Mazzolini is just down the road from Dougs, Bob's a good guy very helpful

Bob has a nice 68 Hemi Cuda that runs 8.70's

Aren't they pretty! A true work of art worth every penny . If dougs got sold you can be certain of this: They won't be making these anymore so if you want a set better get em now. The only reason Dougs made them is that he's a Valiant freak . When my buddy bought the set I have 6 years ago he spoke with him at legnth about them and thats one of the things that came out of that conversation. He also explained how difficult they were to design and produce. The bends are incredible. and they really do fit! Even with a standard trans.

valiantwagonguy said:
Aren't they pretty! A true work of art worth every penny . If dougs got sold you can be certain of this: They won't be making these anymore so if you want a set better get em now. The only reason Dougs made them is that he's a Valiant freak . When my buddy bought the set I have 6 years ago he spoke with him at legnth about them and thats one of the things that came out of that conversation. He also explained how difficult they were to design and produce. The bends are incredible. and they really do fit! Even with a standard trans.

There new owners 2006 catalog lists 67 and up only

Just contacted Accurate LTD for a set of headers for 383 going in my son's 68 Dart. According to what they told me was that they build the headers so that you have socket access to spark plugs, header bolts and it does not capture the starter. What I was also told was that they build the headers and then they are sent to you for test fit to make sure that they clear everything..then they are sent back to be nickle coated....
Yes they may be a littl $$$$ but when you have service like that ....its worth it...

Rick

-
Back