Got my machine shop invoice today.

-

Badart

Reaction score
What do you think? How do prices compare in your area?

Some of the costs on this are for parts that he purchased for me and I had to buy a 360 crank, because mine was trash.

It's a zero deck 360, KB 107's and cam is a Comp 284H. The heads are 360 587's and I went from 1.88 to 2.02 intakes with Chevy valves. Should be fun in the dart.

Attachments

• Invoice.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 557
Did he charge sales tax on labor? It looks like every price has the T on the right side for taxable. Labor isn't taxable in Oklahoma. He also needs to change his date from 6/07/2011 to 2/06/2012.

Prices are actually very competitive with most of the local left coast shops I have dealt eith

Did he charge sales tax on labor? It looks like every price has the T on the right side for taxable. Labor isn't taxable in Oklahoma. He also needs to change his date from 6/07/2011 to 2/06/2012.

LOL the 6/7/11 date was when I dropped it off. I'm on a pay as you go plan. My wife would kill me if I paid all of that at once. As far as taxing labor here, I'm not sure, but the guy is super cool and easy to work with and not to mention they do excellent work.

When I went in there to settle up with him today he was working on a 600 ci Ford. I was looking at the cam specs and it was an .839" big roller. Cool motor.

Labor is taxable in Utah iirc.

how much should sonic test, hot tank, bore .040" and new cam bearing costs??

Prices look fair to me as well...wish when i just did my engine.....I could of had pay as you go....instead I got pay us today...or go away...

no seriously....the prices do look good...

Bad did very well.I saw the port job,well worth the price.He has a seperate thread on those.He isn't marking up parts at all.

The guy I used to work for,still has unfinished projects and invoices ,from the early ninties.

Prices look good. What kind of 600" Ford motor? I have two sitting in my garage right now, and the 820" Ford motor is in the car currently. :)

My guess,lima(460),I know a 512 is a drop in the bucket.After that,I would go aftermarket.The main cap upgrades would be worth it.(IIRC)

I wish we had prices like that around here. Just to give you an idea, to balance a rotating assembly here starts at $350 and goes up when you start adding mallory metal.

Jack

I wish we had prices like that around here. Just to give you an idea, to balance a rotating assembly here starts at $350 and goes up when you start adding mallory metal.

Jack

I thought about going internally balanced until he started talking about the price of Mallory metal and how much would have to be added to the crank. Needless to say I bought the external balanced crank damper and flexplate.

I talked to him today about building the 349 stroker that will be going in my Barracuda and his eyes lit up. He has never built one.

I would feel pretty good about it. I think you did real good.

Doesn't look too bad--although you paid $1085.80 for just the heads. Did the shortblock come with a cam, timing chain, oil pump, oil pan? Just curious. Oh and $175 to balance is real good. Around here the going rate is $300 and up. J.Rob

Doesn't look too bad--although you paid $1085.80 for just the heads. Did the shortblock come with a cam, timing chain, oil pump, oil pan? Just curious. Oh and $175 to balance is real good. Around here the going rate is $300 and up. J.Rob

Yeah I knew the heads would be spendy and in hindsight I would have gone with RHS and be done, but I already had time and money invested in these. I already had the cam and lifters, windage tray and oil pan, but he provided the double roller timing set and tensioner conversion and oil pump. $250 was assembly and comes with a 1 year warranty. Oh and also comes with Joe Gibbs break in oil and one oil change of Joe Gibbs oil. I am pleased with the deal and post a video once I fire this thing up.

-
Back