MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Received these this week

20180803_175255.jpg

20180803_175317.jpg
20180803_175308.jpg

My aluminum radiator works awesome, but in stop and go traffic it gets pretty hot....and here in California it's been 100 degrees for a damn month!
I'm not running a fan shroud and this setup will fix all of that.

I did a lot of research on fan controllers and this one from The Auto Cool Guy seemed like it fit my bill....number one feature I like is it "soft starts" instead of coming on full blast right off the bat...

Should be a fun project. I'll use this thread for the install and report card!
I hope to get going on it next weekend or the next.

Jeff

Can you update us on how this works? I'm in California too without a fan shroud.

Well, I can't never leave well enough alone. ...now that my power steering pump is all worked out, I drove it a lot last weekend, I guess it's time to start another project!

Friday morning I'll get out to the garage and pull the radiator and start my electric fan install. ...!

I'm a gluten for punishment!

Jeff

Absolutely. ..I will start a new thread after all - for peeps in the future who search for an electric fan install.....

85 amps at MAX.....this controller I got soft starts, and will seldom ever go to max power on both fans....

My alternator is rated at 85 amps....if it becomes an issue, I guess I'll upgrade.

Jeff

-
Back