got myself a tunnelram

-

duster340

street racer
Reaction score
any sugestions on what to do with the tunnelram to keep it good looking?
just mediablasted it since its made up of two diferent tunnelrams...
will it look any good painted or should i keep it rough as it is?
and any sugestions on what to do for aircleaner(s) since the carbs are not mounted flat? thinking of doing a lexan airbox and putting filters in it but nothing set in stone yet

pics is before mediablasting

Bild044.jpg

Bild045.jpg

Bild046.jpg

Yep, powdercoat would be the way to go.

I have the same Edelbrock on my Valiant.

Chuck

Hang it on the wall....Can you really afford the Fuel Economy that piece will consume?

Hang it on the wall....Can you really afford the Fuel Economy that piece will consume?

didnt realy build a highcompresion sollid rollercamed eddyheaded 340 with some pretty low gears and a highstall converter for fuel economy,but thanks anyway:read2:

seams like powder coating is the way to go, any sugestions on color?

didnt realy build a highcompresion sollid rollercamed eddyheaded 340 with some pretty low gears and a highstall converter for fuel economy,but thanks anyway:read2:

seams like powder coating is the way to go, any sugestions on color?

What color is your motor?

It would look good the color of your motor,which you can spray paint.
Or get it back to the natural alum color.

I say powdercoat it Silver/Aluminum Color.

I was jokingly referring to the cost of Premium Unleaded and the Economy....no offense intended.

motorcolor is red block and bare aluminum eddy heads

Prine: understood that i was thinking my reply jokingly,but it dont seem like it came thru that way,hard to get a laugh to translate thru the keyboard:(

360scamp looking nice, can that kind of aircleanerhousing work with the carbs siting alitle tilted like mine will?

afraid it will need some paint, its kind of rough looking after blasting and it wasnt perfect in the firstplace

Mine has the same carb arrangement. I just put a spacer on the rear carb airhorn to make the aircleaner base level.

Chuck

Like Chuck said, you can just add a spacer (what I'm ganna do) or I guess you could mill one of the mounting plates down a little bit. Here are some more pics of it. Frankenmutt helped take the pics.

100_0480.jpg

100_0478.jpg

100_0476.jpg

100_0474.jpg

100_0472.jpg

Looks like Frankenmutt is looking for his balls!:sign10:LOL,LOL (sorry couldn't resist that,those pics of your dog after his "procedure" will stay with all of us!They were priceless!!)

Dang 360scamp!! you have parts think!:cheers:
You have been holding out on us!=P~
Give Frankenmutt a hello for me.:thumleft:

Powder coat it,

Looks like Frankenmutt is looking for his balls!:sign10:LOL,LOL (sorry couldn't resist that,those pics of your dog after his "procedure" will stay with all of us!They were priceless!!)

He's probably looking at the two filters thinking, "Ya, I had two once." ;-)

Yeah they will.

I can remember the look on Frankenmutt's face.

Hmmmmmmmmm .... maybe I can help swing the decision to powder coat it??? 6,500 colors and textures are available you know.

Tunnel ram in "Super Chrome," Edelbrock 318/360 in "Blasted Aluminum," and the Mr. Roadster scoop was done in "Wilder Red" metallic over "Super Chrome."

this gives me alot to think about! there are some real nice powder coats!

any sugestions onthe best airbox or filtering? i like those hillbornboxes but i get a feeling that they are somewhat restrictive?

some newer pics after blasting looks alitle better

Bild078.jpg

Bild079.jpg

and since 360scamp hade a nice distracting dog in his pics i can distract some with my crappy stainless pipe TIG welding visible in the backround of both pics ;)

hmm no offense taken if that sounds like it, love dogs:) they are mans best friend:D

-
Back