Got pulled over today

Mopar General Discussions

1. v8val

v8val v8val

Local Time:
    6:03 AM
    How is he supposed to learn good driving and car control if he only floors it in a straight line? I think its a great idea if its at the right time and place! otherwise he'll be stuck drag racing the rest of his life.Seems to me that all the stories posted here don't relate to this young gun. He wasn't speeding he wasn't showing off, and he's well aware of his surroundings. You can't tell me that 99% of members on here haven't given their car a quick blast on the street or done u burnout at some stage. Give the kid a break. As a father of 3 I would never condone stupidity on the street and thats just not what it seems to me. See if you can find an autocross or something on a weekend Amzchad, It'll top anything you can do on the street tenfold!

2. amzchad

amzchad Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:03 PM
    dude thank you

I wasnt in danger nobody else was in danger and the car wasnt in danger i was thinking about it when i did it and i had plenty of room to spin if the car decided to do so a cop just happend to be behind a tree down the road

just bad luck

3. Motopsycho

Motopsycho duster domination

Local Time:
    3:03 PM
    try it in the rain thats the best

4. amzchad

Local Time:
    thats how i crashed my first car i was really dumb about it it was rainy and around a ton of trees when i took the turn it was all good then my front drivers side tire caught on a rock and turned the car completly around then it went into a tree like i said i went to evoc and did the skid pan look it up its like driving on marbels no joke

5. hemizach

hemizach Young Blood

Local Time:
    Alright man... do what you want. But if you end up in a ditch like my friend in his car... dont look for pity on here because you've been warned by many people. Have fun with it, just don't hurt yourself.

6. 1968FormulaS340

1968FormulaS340 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:03 PM
    I remember back when I was in my late teens and early 20s.... I was the best god damned driver on the planet.

Then I grew up.

7. tyler_s18

tyler_s18 k-member

Local Time:
    i consider myself a good slider. i have done it quite a bit and have done a lil actual high speed drifting. well i did a lil slow one in my old '65 dodge truck 2wd 4 speed /6 it was rusted out so the doors didnt shut right all the time. i slid thru a corner and was doing good had gr8 control and was gonna be straight perfect for the next turn. then i heard AHHHHHHH lol. my brother fell outta the truck and bounced on the asphalt lol. he was fine just bumps and scrapes but it was pretty scary lol. i was being so safe and something still went wrong. lol be carefull man

8. Gryzynx

Gryzynx Senior Moment

Local Time:
    2:03 PM

Well, I'm getting a little concerned here. This and other posts indicate that there is a certain element here which considers a little street mayhem good for the soul. Earlier this year, there was a local police officer/car enthusiast who was killed off duty while "stunting", (local paper's term for burning donuts on the highway). He had a bad ass mustang and was a frequent show participant. This fellow was obviously trained in hi performance driving and should have known what the consequences might be, but that did not save him from the semitruck that flattened him and his car as he burned a couple late at night on what he thought was deserted highway. Tragic.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news...+after+early+morning+crash/1568985/story.html

http://www.montrealgazette.com/cars/RCMP+officer+killed+Sask+collision+identified/1573234/story.html

I do applaud your good sense in heading for the EVOC course. It is a good thing to know how your vehicle behaves under extreme conditions and we would all be better drivers if we knew where the limits of our vehicles and our abilities were. Best to find this out under controlled conditions, but you won't find those on public roads.

9. amzchad

Local Time:
    im not saying im doing every day every once it awhile i like to get alittle sideways ya if i wreck my car thats my problem i would probably post pictures of it ass i would be parting the car out if it were that bad you cant tell me that you guys dont like to do the ocasional burnout or get alittle sideways

and also i know im not the best driver i never claimed to be if i were the best driver i wouldnt be doing this

10. 1968FormulaS340

1968FormulaS340 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:03 PM
    Lets see...... You are so great and in control that you have wrecked a car and got a ticket....

For every dollar you spend on insurance that is one dollar you can't spend on your car or shmoozing the ladies.

I pay $110 a year for a full coverage collector car policy on my Barracuda. How much do you pay?

A thousand little brats talk big like you every year..... Right up to the point that they hit a 4 year old they never saw.

I know you won't understand a thing I am saying.... So just enjoy the $400 a month insurance bill you are heading for.

Enjoy never getting laid because after insurance and working on the car you can't afford taking a chick out.

When you are about 35 you will get it.

11. amzchad

Local Time:
    i never said i was a good driver i know i could improve thats why i went through the whole evoc course (u dont know what it is just look it up)

and i will state it again

I WILL NEVER DO IT WITH PEOPLE AROUND im not going to put someone elses life in danger just cause i wanna be stupid

im not the smartest person alive but im not gonna sit here and tell you im not gonna do it when in reality i am gonna do it anyways

i didnt get a ticket either i lucked out

For those of you that dont know I live up in the mountains i dont live in the city not that many people up were i live

12. caferacerx

caferacerx BAND MEMBER

Local Time:
    common sense use it or lose it

13. cudaspaz

cudaspaz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Is this Moparts?

Whahhh!!!.......LOL.

Have fun, just don't kill yourself or others.

There, that should do it.

14. 340six

340six Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You read my mind:cheers:

15. Thropar

Thropar Active Member

Local Time:
    Actually that depends on how you are legally identifying yourself.

driving a motor vehicle is a privilege granted to you by the Government

traveling in an automobile is an inherent sovereign right, preexisting, ie; No government is giving you permission and you are free to travel as long as you don't break common laws, harm or injure another or their property

regarding tickets and citations, see the difference between a Statute and a Law, what makes a statute enforceable, etc (all tickets are derived from statutes)

I agree about the safety issue mentioned in the above posts, a beast can get away REAL fast.

Be safe, not stupid.

16. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I,m not impressed by people acting a fool and bragging about not getting a ticket. if that isnt what he,s doing what is the purpose of this post?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.