GPRS Mopars

-

armyofchuckness

The Flying Valiant
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another part of the forum and didn't hear anything, so I figured the guys more likely to use GPRS would be over here.

Has anyone dealt with them lately? I ordered some trim rings from them in early February and never heard anything from them again.

http://www.gprsmopars.com/

Australian company. They sell a lot of stuff for the 1963-65 Valiants since a lot of the parts swap over. I'd seen people were happy with stuff they bought from them in the past, but the last time I saw them mentioned on the forum was 2011.

I mentioned this in another part of the forum and didn't hear anything, so I figured the guys more likely to use GPRS would be over here.

Has anyone dealt with them lately? I ordered some trim rings from them in early February and never heard anything from them again.

Mate I`m having the same problem. They are slow in customer service. I`ve read on other forums particularly slant six forum as of their slow service. I`ve ordered there fan shroud for my NZ Charger and the small block exhaust manifold gaskets, late April. When I ordered the parts there was a caption on the order receipt of them dealing with a cancer patient and there may be a slow response to receiving the order. I am going to wait a few days to give them the benefit of the doubt. If nothing happens from then on, I will be chasing them up on the phone. Been in New Zealand, our time zones will be fairly comparable so can ring them at office times. Will let you know how I get on. But I would say that if you ordered something back in February, you would need to start hounding them via emails, phone etc. I`ve also heard that they are straight up guys who have a good reputation for backing their parts. So that's why I`m cutting them some slack. They are a small business in Rural Aussie.

Hope this helps
Cheers Pete

Thanks, Pete! I got the same notice you did, which is why I gave them an extra month. I try not to hound people too much because I know a few specialty craftsmen that like to go extra slow on the people that hound them. I may have to though depending on what you find on your phone call. Hopefully you can reach them. I look forward to hearing what you find out. Cheers.

Yea cheers mate. Give me a couple of weeks so as to have a fair crack at getting in touch with these guys. As I said before, they have a fair amount of feedback as of them being slow, but there is just as much feed back about them being straight up guys with a good reputation. I paid for my order through PayPal, which when reading through their policies give a 45 day grace as to when I can lodge a complaint. So will try to track these guys down for the time been before getting in touch with PayPal in regards to a refund.

Cheers Pete

$16 to ship a couple gaskets. Didn't weigh much, but kind of long package for the manifold Gasket - flat, sandwiched in couple layers of cardboard...

Hmm. I may have to just chalk this one up as a loss, file a complaint with PayPal and move on. I understand things can be slowed for personal problems, but we're coming up on four months and I haven't heard a word from them.

Just got this email:

Hi Chuck sorry for the lack of comms mate I kinda broke my back as such kev got stuck looking after two patients.. fun times not. . your order is finally done and they are out the door in the next day to your new address.
Sorry for the delay and lack of comms Chuck it hasn't been intentional by any means. Hope you can understand the situation.
Cheers

That was nice of them to update me. That would explain the long delay. I'll update when I receive the trim rings. As I told Nev in my message, I don't like nagging custom craftsmen about their speeds as I've found that usually just makes them grumpy, but I recently moved and I was afraid they wouldn't arrive at the proper address. We'll see what happens.

Thanks Chuck. Just got this email as well.

Hi Peter mate got the shroud done just waiting on the gaskets I thought we had them in stock but they`re about a week away if its okay we'll throw them together next week along with a few Chrysler show dvds to make up the delay to you. Will let u know they day they're out the door, so talk soon.
Cheers
Nev

Yep was good of them to update. I sent them an email last night, which was probably good timing. As from my posts above, both Nev and Kevin are straight up guys, and I wouldn`t wish their current situation on anybody. Will let you know when my items arrive.

Cheers Pete

I tried to contact them last year when I needed a manifold gasket for my slant, but got no response. Found what I wanted here: http://www.hemiperformance.com.au

Hemi Performance are good in some cases. But just be aware that sometimes what you order is not what you get. Have dealt with them in the past, had no issues myself but have heard horror stories from other posters on our forum here in NZ. The slant stuff is mainly from GPRS anyway especially the gaskets. If ordering items for Small blocks it would be more cost effective buying from Summits or Jegs. That's what I`ve done for my Charger. All engine, transmission, ignition goodies bought through Summits. Even with the exchange rate and the shipping, it was miles cheaper than sourcing locally.

Hey Chuck,

Did you get those headlight bezels yet, and how do they look?

Mike in Sarasota Co.

Nothing yet, Mike. I have a feeling they'll probably be another week or two. I'll post again here when they come in with my review.

Chuck have you had any movement on the order you had from these guys?
I haven`t heard from them since the 14th May. I`m getting a bad feeling about this deal and am at the point of emailing PayPal to lodge a complaint.

Sorry to say, I've heard bad reviews from customers of these guys too. You've been waiting since February for your parts, but they don't seem to have had a problem selling and posting lot's of parts from their Ebay site. Also blaming a lack of communication on a sick relative ( or 2 now) is a little bit over the top in my book. It doesn't take that much time to drop someone an email and tell them of a delay. Especially an overseas customer.
Maybe Kev ( co owner of GPRS) could send out emails instead of wasting time posting on Facebook????
https://www.facebook.com/kkluske

Just a quick update as to where its at with GPRS. As of the 14th of May I haven`t received any communication from them what so ever, even after numerous emails and phone calls, leaving messages etc. I have lodged a complaint with PayPal which has now escalated to a claim process. GPRS has until today to reply to PayPal or communicate with me directly. None of which has happened thus far. If all turns out right, I will get my money back, but it has left a sour taste, and as far as I`m concerned I will never deal with these people again.
So just to reiterate. DO NOT AT ALL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DEAL WITH GPRS MOPARS OF VICTORIA AUSTRALIA.

I will get back to you all when or if I get my money from PayPal

Regards
Pete

I ordered their slant gaskets last fall and got them no problem but I probably gave them 4 weeks lead due to being at work overseas. I've ordered gaskets and A body speaker kick panels before from them without any problems also. Their slant gaskets are better than Remflex IMHO. The kick panels were top quality also. I wouldn't think twice about using them again but then I'm a pretty patient guy.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything either. :-/ I think I'm gonna lodge a complaint too. I've been in the middle of moving, so I haven't had a chance to follow up on this. Moving a completely disassembled Valiant is hard. I was hoping they'd be cool about this, but I guess that ain't happening.

It's stuff like this that really makes me jaded about car culture. This, and the time the media blaster held my car for ransom for an extra grand. The company was owned by a guy that was also a criminal defense lawyer, so he knew all the angles to work to show I had no choice but to pay extra. Don't use Blast Off in Orlando.

Hi all, just to let you know that PayPal have emailed me and refunded the money. So that is one silver lining from this whole saga. Chuck if you haven`t lodged a complaint yet, I strongly suggest you get onto it then quickly escalate the complaint to a claim process. PayPal give the seller ( GPRS ) a period of time to contact them or you directly, then once that time period is up, they then refund the total amount owing. Hope this helps,

Regards
Pete

This is the end, I guess. They managed to drag things out to the point that PayPal will not process a refund, which I tried explaining to PayPal is difficult since shipping from New Zealand takes about a month if all goes well.

I tried contacting GPRS again and, what a shock, nothing. Guess I learned my lesson. Do yourself a favor and learn from my mistake. Don't trust these crooks.

paypal covers a 60 day window and your charge card covers a 90 window. seems like both expired! sorry for your experience

-
Back