grant tuff type wheel

-

lil red

Reaction score
any fabo guys buy the grant nostalgia replica of the 15" tuff type steering wheel?
i was looking to buy one and was wondering what the quality was like
any feedback would be muchly appreciated

i have one. i like it...

tuffwheel001.jpg

tuffwheel003.jpg

tuffwheel009.jpg

tuffwheel010.jpg

Not a great shot but I'm runnin one also and for the price you can't beat it!

Attachments

• DSCN0158.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 483
mines the grant wooden one only problem I have is slight surface rust forming on the metal spokes

Attachments

• 100_0728 (Copy).JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 100_0727 (Copy).JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 509
  • 100_0729 (Copy).JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 493
I too have one, I compared it to an NOS tuff wheel and while it is considerably different (a lot of little things) it does mostly look the part and I would buy another one.

(sorry for the old pic)

Attachments

• re1.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 463
mines the grant wooden one only problem I have is slight surface rust forming on the metal spokes

I have a wood one too. I also have the same surface rust thing going on. I like the wheel just need to find a way to keep it from rusting. Got it from Mancini racing.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 406
I like the 4 spoke Grant wheels because I can rest my hand at the 6 o'clock position while driving. They do show a light rust after about 20 years but other than that they've served me well.

excellent pics - shows the quality/detail better than the sales pics

just what i needed - ones on the way

thanks again

Ya I am going to take it off and have the whole thing clear coated I think

I have a wood one too. I also have the same surface rust thing going on. I like the wheel just need to find a way to keep it from rusting. Got it from Mancini racing.

It looks like abodyjoe used a spacer while mopardrt didn't. Does this have something to do the column shifter vs. the floor shifter?

I have one too! i give it a thumbs up. Much better tahn trying to find a decent used one for twice the price.

It looks like abodyjoe used a spacer while mopardrt didn't. Does this have something to do the column shifter vs. the floor shifter?

i used a factory adapter. puts the wheel in a stock location. nothing to do with a column shift or anything else.

here ya go.

see how deep the stock wheel is?

tuffwheel004.jpg

the tuffwheel or rim blow is a flat wheel. the spacer is used to put it in the factory location..

tuffwheel010.jpg

If you try to mount without the spacer, it will be hard to get your knees between the wheel and seat. I wish I had Joey's pics before I mounted. I already had the adapter so I just had to take apart and reinstall.

Ya I need to find the adapter spacer to make mine look more stock

Glad to see Grant took the rivets out of the wooden one. I talked to them at SEMA and told them that sucks.

0829091617b.jpg

1970_Dodge_Dart_Swinger_built_by-2.jpg

MATS2008060_edited.jpg

My understanding is, there are two that Grant makes. One where the spokes are on the backside of the wheel and one where they are in the middle. The one in the middle is more accurate, BTW. Any preference?

Thought about a wood one, and a leather cover. Means I don't have to worry about the foam coming loose like the Tuff wheel I had awhile ago. Bad idea?

Anybody want to sell their wood one with rivets for cheap because they upgraded to one without rivets? ;-)

-
Back