Great new!! Memphis Drag strip

-
Sounds like great news Mike.:thumbup:

It sure is Tony, Looking forward to see where they spend there money and when the faculty is there to get some events going :coffee2:

Saw this post and yelled
"YES, ALRIGHT" so load that my wife came running into the room and asked what happened. Told her Memphis was going to re open.
She said "SO WHAT"
I told her "THAT MEANS GATEWAY COULD RE-OPEN ALSO!"
Now she is yelling "ALRIGHT".

We had a great time at the Monster last year and she was super bummed that it was closing.

Fishy68 you list Central, IL but where? I live outside of Galesburg. Have you ever been to the Monmouth Cruise-In it is held the first Friday of Aug. It is HUGE.

I hate to say it but if NASCAR doesn't commit to a race. The track will never make it. NASCAR brings in most of the money for these tracks.

Joliet has kind of the same set up. They have shutdown most of the extra dragracing for the weekend warriors. Just not a money maker for them.

I also looked at the date for the press release. I thought I heard that the deal fell through. Hope I am wrong.

Fishy68 you list Central, IL but where? I live outside of Galesburg. Have you ever been to the Monmouth Cruise-In it is held the first Friday of Aug. It is HUGE.

I'm 45 miles south of Springfield. No, never been to Monmouth. I've heard of it but don't really know where it's at. Will have to look it up.

I guess technically I'm in south central IL.

I hate to say it but if NASCAR doesn't commit to a race. The track will never make it. NASCAR brings in most of the money for these tracks.

Joliet has kind of the same set up. They have shutdown most of the extra dragracing for the weekend warriors. Just not a money maker for them.

I also looked at the date for the press release. I thought I heard that the deal fell through. Hope I am wrong.
NHRA and the weekly test and tune will be opened, NASCAR was the weak part of the Memphis sports park I think, But the dirt track does real good and the drag strip was always busy...
Why update for two or three nascar race'es a year when we have 40 times more dirt track and Drag racers here weekly :thumbup:
NASCAR won't race there again because nascar made the money, not Memphis :)

I'm 45 miles south of Springfield. No, never been to Monmouth. I've heard of it but don't really know where it's at. Will have to look it up. You tub Memphis Motor sports and check this great track out :thumbup:

I guess technically I'm in south central IL.
North Memphis area off of HWY 40 from Jackson I think . Its a nice track, I think Moroso is part owner .

that didnt last long. i knew better. where is it?

Just 60 south east of me pete. Just take of to Memphis and let me know

True, There are alot of guys that show up each weekend to run their car down the strip but it is not a hugh spectator sport like NASCAR is. Didn't know there was a dirt track also with the dragstrip. That changes alot. I hope it goes through. Gateway has kind of the same set up.

Aren't Gateway and Memphis owned by the same people?? Dover Motorsports???

Aren't Gateway and Memphis owned by the same people?? Dover Motorsports???
Yes they was, know Moroso Investment Partners, a Florida investment group owns Memphis now :thumrigh:

If / When it reopens we should get together at the track sometime.I live about 15 minutes from it in West Memphis.

-
Back