**Grenade Engine Autopsy on Boost and NOS**

-
And the huge ring gap. Have a friend that is running a 250 shot on a 73 400 in his road runner. Has stock cast pistons, stock rods, and crank. The bottom end has never been apart. Its been on the bottle for about 8 years and he goes through 10 - 12 bottles a summer.

And the huge ring gap. Have a friend that is running a 250 shot on a 73 400 in his road runner. Has stock cast pistons, stock rods, and crank. The bottom end has never been apart. Its been on the bottle for about 8 years and he goes through 10 - 12 bottles a summer.

True on the ring gap. Hard to know what it is when it's a used motor with 150k miles on it before it gets boosted and on the Juice.

Still amazing.

That 73 400 has about an 8.25-1 compression ratio?

Wow thats impressive. I have to imagine he was running some sort of efi? I can't believe a carb could have a consistent enough tune to keep that setup alive for so long.

Here is a link to the build thread. Pretty frickinn awesome! Be sure to look at how he just power washes the whole bottom end with it assembled and then just sprays it all down with WD-40 and starts putting it together. haaaaa

No head studs & no main studs. Stock Rods, Pistons etc.... All Cast parts with Small Port JUNK Heads too. Small cam with .220 @.050, 480ish lift "Used" Lifters that don't match the lobes. This whole build is amazing. This thread can get someone motivated to grab a stock 360 at a junk yard and get it done for CHEAP.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/t...ever-did!-go-figure-)-grenade-part-2-to-come/

Yes that is the point of this thread.

FWIW, I rebuilt a 318 with 360 heads for $500 stock parts no machine work, bolt ons and a small cam. Haven't got it back in the car yet but, when i do I'm hoping to throw boost at it on a budget.

A lot of these mopar motors are low compression from the factory, they are just begging to be boosted.:D

FWIW, I rebuilt a 318 with 360 heads for $500 stock parts no machine work, bolt ons and a small cam. Haven't got it back in the car yet but, when i do I'm hoping to throw boost at it on a budget.

A lot of these mopar motors are low compression from the factory, they are just begging to be boosted.:D

Yup. Most guys including myself are skeptical to do it because of all the hype that you need to spend a chit load of $$ to go fast. Such is obviously not the case.

This guy that built the grenade motor is a Tuner and apparently he is a pretty damn good one at that. I am on page 28 of his thread that is over 100 Pages long...........

thats a friend of mine who did the grenade motor.. it was very impressive, he does all sorts of crazy stuff.. his 78 cadilac 500ci with a 88mm turbo is hilarious....

-
Back