Growing OLD in VA.

-

Dart 67 sedan

Reaction score
Hi, guys.
I'm fixing to turn 68 and for some $^**( reason got back into drag racing.
maybe my mine is going, who knows. This is the first Mopar engine I'm building and
heads are driving me up the wall. X,J, W2, Not to mention casting numbers. I have a set of 4532693 castings, I know they are W2 heads and are race heads. Milled rocker surface with
closed chambers, 2.02 and 1.60 valves. Problem I'm having is I can't find any info on these heads. the casting number is no where to found, or I can't seem to find maybe. ( getting old)
I'm guessing these are good heads. and plan on using them on a 410 build. What RPM range will be needed to make them work, and how big will I have with my cam. I know you guys can Thanks. 1967 Dart sedan ,2700 lbs. 727, 4:88

Hi, guys.
I'm fixing to turn 68 and for some $^**( reason got back into drag racing.
maybe my mine is going, who knows. This is the first Mopar engine I'm building and
heads are driving me up the wall. X,J, W2, Not to mention casting numbers. I have a set of 4532693 castings, I know they are W2 heads and are race heads. Milled rocker surface with
closed chambers, 2.02 and 1.60 valves. Problem I'm having is I can't find any info on these heads. the casting number is no where to found, or I can't seem to find maybe. ( getting old)
I'm guessing these are good heads. and plan on using them on a 410 build. What RPM range will be needed to make them work, and how big will I have with my cam. I know you guys can Thanks. 1967 Dart sedan ,2700 lbs. 727, 4:88

Not a small block guy, but u are probly gonna have to buzz it up there w/ 4;88`s unless u put some taller tires under it !

1/8th mile? Sorry I know nothing about W series heads 'xcept "they are different"

1/8th mile? Sorry I know nothing about W series heads 'xcept "they are different"
Will be running 1/8 mostly. Will be running 28 inch tire. Wondering if the heads are worth putting all the money in them that it
looks like it's going take to build them. Heads have been ported already and machine shop says good job done on them. wants to go to 2.08 intake. I understand I will need special manifold and headers also. is it all worth it??

-
Back