GTS Trunk Finish Panel Painting

-

Ron816

Mopar forever
Reaction score
I was able to score an NOS trunk finish panel for my 68, only problem is that it is raw and unpainted. How would one go about painting to match my old panel
IMG_1210.jpg
IMG_1211.jpg

Myself, I would cut my Frog tape into narrow strips on granite countertop. Tape it up and use Krylon Satin after printing. The letters? I would tape and use Exacto knife. Sometimes you can spray paint into the letters and wipe the edges clean.

I'm assuming the way they did it in production was to paint the panel black and then wipe off the high spots.

7EBEAF86-341D-4396-BBE7-82BA5A7C5B6A.jpeg
EED52FBF-16E0-4768-9E7B-7D2C3DD8914B.jpeg
Taped everything off, very tedious, came out great only a couple bleed thru which I’ll touch up later

Looks great. Do you plan on putting urgent paint on the center strip?

You were lucky to find a NOS piece. I recently straightened and painted my original panel. Not easy.

Looks great. Do you plan on putting urgent paint on the center strip?

You were lucky to find a NOS piece. I recently straightened and painted my original panel. Not easy.
I've been looking for a couple years for a tail panel, found it on Ebay of all places guy was asking $575, made an offer of $400 and he took it. As for the center strip I kinda like the polished look

-
Back