Guess my horsepower/et

-
Well, I think in your instance you'll give up nothing to a single plane intake and your PTC nitrous specific torque converter makes this a solid 10 second combination when you start to spray it. I am curious to see your 60 foot times with a full hit off the line, it's definitely not going to be a pretender!

Well, I think in your instance you'll give up nothing to a single plane intake and your PTC nitrous specific torque converter makes this a solid 10 second combination when you start to spray it. I am curious to see your 60 foot times with a full hit off the line, it's definitely not going to be a pretender!
With the previous combo 365-380 horse 360 and a 100-125 shot it went 1.49 60 and 10.91 at 119 with same converter/trans/rear. Kind of ran out of steam at the top end

I believe this combo will hit high 10's on all throttle, no bottle. Just have to take the time to tune it, get it right. But most would celebrate a 11.39 and then hit the NOS.

I believe this combo will hit high 10's on all throttle, no bottle. Just have to take the time to tune it, get it right. But most would celebrate a 11.39 and then hit the NOS.
Well that sounds pretty good, I won’t be using the nitrous for quite some time so I’ll have the opportunity to tweak it plenty. What areas do you think would be of most interest in tuning

Well that sounds pretty good, I won’t be using the nitrous for quite some time so I’ll have the opportunity to tweak it plenty. What areas do you think would be of most interest in tuning
The deep side of the plenum will probably want more jet. My 340 AG with HVH 1" does. Getting a dual plane to flow all 8 holes evenly 1/4 mile WOT takes time and a lot of plug reading.

Are you running your timing locked? Or are you allowing some advancement? A lot of it will be getting the timing happy (engine will decide), jetting will be a big part, and not be afraid to give it more CFM's - I really think your combo would like a 850 DP, especially on a Dual plane. Dual planes need 100 more cfm's vs single plane. Unless by "race carb" the brawler actually flows more than 750. Key is be willing to try, and explore. May not be the answer in the 1st or 2nd trip to the strip, but be persistent and it will pay off. The obvious is getting the power to plant in the 60 ft.

Last edited:
Yes, bigger carb and good timing curve, Agreed that it's a 10 second ride before nitrous...

71a%2BTfFF69L._SL1266_.jpg

Are you running your timing locked? Or are you allowing some advancement? A lot of it will be getting the timing happy (engine will decide), jetting will be a big part, and not be afraid to give it more CFM's - I really think your combo would like a 850 DP, especially on a Dual plane. Dual planes need 100 more cfm's vs single plane. Unless by "race carb" the brawler actually flows more than 750. Key is be willing to try, and explore. May not be the answer in the 1st or 2nd trip to the strip, but be persistent and it will pay off. The obvious is getting the power to plant in the 60 ft.
Timing is indeed locked

I would love to give that combination a whirl myself. Lately though, I’ve developed an unhealthy fascination with a less than 200 cubic inch two lobe roots blower and some 340/360 size heads for my current 318. It will be a down the road thing if at all! Guess I was around too many bad influences with roots blowers type street machines, and wanting to relive some of my delinquency again, lol!

Should make close to 500 with a good tune up.

If the car 60's well it will be a high 10 pass (10.80's) or right at 11. On a true 125 juice shot, it should run bottom 10's. The tall tire and 4.10 gear is going to work the converter HARD.

Should make close to 500 with a good tune up.

If the car 60's well it will be a high 10 pass (10.80's) or right at 11. On a true 125 juice shot, it should run bottom 10's. The tall tire and 4.10 gear is going to work the converter HARD.
What do you mean by work the converter hard exactly?

new combo I’m gonna run soon.
360 magnum block stock bores, icon standard weight forged flat tops. It’s 10.7 to 1 compression. Stock rods with arp bolts, stock crank, Mopar performance windage tray, Edelbrock magnum heads flowing 295 at .600 with 2.05 valves. Hydraulic roller 239/247 at 50 .600 lift. Air gap intake with port match and plenum work, with 1.5 inch spacer with four hole taper. 750 brawler race carb. Have electric water pump and fan. 1 5/8 headers with 3 inch x pipe and bullets. Have evac kit installed that’s pulling 4 inches of vacuum at 5500 rpm. This will be in a duster 3200 race ready, 904 with 2.75 low, 4000 stall 9.5 inch converter, 4.10 rear and 29 inch tall 295 drag radials. It’s a previous good working chassis. Guesses?? And what will peak/max horsepower rpm be?
My 360 magnum build is close to your set up. But you have better heads, mine are home ported EQ heads and mine has a comp 560 solid lifter cam. I am using a indy single plane intake and a 800 DP carb. 727 trans and 5500 stall. My engine in my friends 3200 pound extended cab 94 Dakota ran 7.16 at 96 in the 1/8 mile. Oh forgot his truck had 4.30 gears and 28 inch slick
I am building a 91 SB 2wheel drive Dakota, with this same engine, but I am going to be using a 994 with a 5600 stall converter. I hope to get it to run 11:00 in the 1/4 or a little better. Look forward to reading more about your build. Best of luck and I hope you reach your goal.

Results are in. First day out with 2700 da. Best run 11.20 at 118. Best mph was 11.22 at 121

Nice job
Wow, thats a huge difference in MPH in a single outing. Picking up a whole 3 MPH is probably 40 horsepower. Thats a bunch. How did you get it to pick up so much.... i could use some advice

-
Back